New Member from West Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Rxdetective, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Rxdetective

Rxdetective Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Heyas!

Just joined the forum today, but have been reading off and on for a couple months. Ordered my Hellcat the morning of 9/10. Sublime,Manual, Black Hood, Laguna, Nav, and Performance Tires. Have not been checking on it too frequently. Just a call to the salesman every couple of weeks to see if he had heard anything yet. I drove to the dealership today to see what was going on and happily they gave me my VIN and told me my order is currently JS status. It shouldn't be much longer now and I'm really psyched.

My car won't have the black hood or Laguna though. They told me the factory deleted those from the order because they would have caused an indefinite delay on the build. Still happy overall :)

About me, my name is Don, I'm a pharmacist, and live in San Angelo.

2. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Don!! Sit back and enjoy the forums ;) thanks for dropping in and congrats on the purchase!!

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome a Don! Chill and enjoy!

4. Johndeere

Johndeere Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you didn't know they changed the order, I would be thanking them that it was. Congrats and I am jealous.

5. Rxdetective

Rxdetective Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. That was my feeling also. I'm glad they went ahead and changed it instead of placing the order in limbo.

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Don!

JS thats great!

7. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome Don!

On one hand, I would be upset with them changing it without asking; on the other, you're in JS status, which is very nice!

I put my order in on day one at 9am, but when there were issues with the options i wanted, i made some changes, and declined others...so I'm still waiting on mine to be built. Hope you get yours soon and post some nice photos!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the site, Don. Congrats on JS status. I also ordered Sublime, Black Hood, Black Laguna. I did not change my order and am still in BX status. I figured if I was going to spend this much money on a car, I would get it the way I wanted it. If it means I have to wait, I'll wait. Hopefully I won't be waiting until 2016, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

p.s. As a Pharmacist, maybe you could slip something into Tammie's water? She's very excitable and I'm afraid she'll hurt herself before her cat arrives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rxdetective

Rxdetective Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys. I went over the options report really closely this morning and noticed something strange. That report lists everything really and has entries on it like body color door handles, body color antenna, etc. but does not have body color hood on it. It doesn't say black aluminum hood anywhere either, but under the optional equipment section there is a cryptic entry that just says "Black". I called SRT customer service this morning and gave them my VIN. Looks like I'm getting my black hood after all. Guess I won't know for certain until they invoice it. I was 50/50 on the standard vs. Laguna seats anyway, but really want that hood.

Also asked about an estimated shipping date and they said my car was due to be invoiced and released next week so hopefully it will be on its way.

Tammie is stressing? I could probably come up with something for that lol

10. BADCAT

BADCAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So let me get this straight...they (meaning the dealership, or the Factory?) changed your order without talking with your approval? or did they (dealership) call you about the delays first, and give you the choice? Who the HELL (no bun intended..lol) do they thing there are?, changing someones order with out asking... The reason I want to know the details, is I put my order in over 1 month ago, and the Dealership said I was next in line because the seven orders in front of me were with either a black hood, or special seats....but if your fact holds true then the dealership or factor can put those orders in without the above stated options and now I'm back at the end of the list.....I need details please. was this a factor decision or a random dealership decision?

11. Rxdetective

Rxdetective Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealership told me that the factory deleted the options rather than have the order go on an indefinite delay. This was from the dealerships inventory person who wasn't completely right anyway since it now looks like the order got built with the black hood.

My guess is they probably informed the dealer about the delay with the seat upgrade and the dealer probably told them to go with standard. I don't know for sure.

12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HEY!!! I was like this BEFORE my Hellcat order. You all just get to be the beneficiaries of all my excess excitement that the Hellcat added!! LOL :D:eek:

13. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    oh well, in that case I'm even more excited for you Don! The sublime with the black hood looks very intimidating!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BADCAT

BADCAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, congrad's for sure......I actually put deposits down at 2 dealerships, (I order a BLACK one , and at the other dealership I ordered a Pearl White one) and the one Dealer this morning, (after I read your email) told me that the dealership did not and would not change my order with out my signature. I told him about your email, and he said as far as he knew ...no one at the "Plant" is putting the orders through with standard equip. just because the hoods and seats are delayed for a time. The other dealer told me basically the same thing...The only good news for me is that one of the dealers said I would get a VIN in November, and have the car in Feb 2015 sometime. Lets hope I already have my Texas Plates, HE11 CAT. HELL CAT was already taken, but not the "ones" for the LL's

15. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with Badcat, I would be pissed! I would tell them to cancel the order and Bfusion will take it over! How dare they!??:D:rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 1