New member here, in search of a Hellcat. It's meant to be...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by FINALLYSATISFIED, May 26, 2015.

1. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all, new member here waiting to purchase a HC. I'm currently residing in San Diego, CA. I've been here for a year now and can't complain not one bit. The weather is amazing and just the overall atmosphere.

As the title states I am in search of a Challenger HC specifically. I'm in a bit of a situation with Dodge buying back one of my vehicles. It's at a local dealer for its 6th repair attempt and they can't figure the issue out. This has been happening since the beginning of the year. So now since that process is rolling I'm now looking for a replacement and low and behold, I want a Hellcat, lol. It's unfortunate this is happening honestly. But regardless I'm choosing to stick by the brand. You think requesting invoice pricing or employee pricing on a future Dodge vehicle is a stretch considering what's happening? That idea crossed my mind!

I've owned roughly 8-9 Dodge/Chrysler cars from the '05 Neon SRT-4, '09 Challenger R/T, '12 Charger R/T, '10 Challenger SRT-8. I traded in my '12 Camaro ZL1 for a '12 300 SRT8 which I currently have as my DD. A '02 Z06 also shares a garage space with the 300. I love all brands but I always end up going back to Dodge/Chrysler.

I will say I'm truly amazed on what Dodge has done with the Challenger. I had halos installed on my SRT8 from AAC down in New Orleans back in 2011 and fast forward to present day and now they come stock. So the Hellcat definitely appeals to me with the overall exterior enhancements and now overall performance.

I've already learned an abundance amount of information about the car here and looking forward to giving some knowledge as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do just want to add, thanks for those who have helped me locate one thus far. Very much appreciated.

3. Relax428

Relax428 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Will keep an eye out in SD but don't know of any right now.. saw a B5 blue one on a car carrier heading I-15 south but no idea where it was going.

• Like Like x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! Keep checking in the purchasing section here on the forum, as people are posting leads on HellCats almost daily. I wish you all the Luck!

April

5. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good luck on finding one for MSRP this late in the race, might want to go ahead and find a dealer now for MY16 with high enough national sales to get Golden Wonka Allocation tickets

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. RPM Junkie

RPM Junkie Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you are willing to buy from NC or AZ I can put you in touch with two dealers who only do MSRP. Can't say if they can get you a 15 but they could set you up for your 16. PM me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Will keep a lookout for you. How do you like the 300 srt8? always wanted to buy one, but ended up getting the 2012 charger srt8 in white.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PM sent.

Thanks. Coming from a '12 ZL1 to the 300 I will say it's a complete different experience, lol. I needed some extra room but didn't want to sacrifice the speed with a drastic change. The 300 has the best of both worlds while maintaining creature comforts. Mine is fully loaded and the deal I got I couldn't say no.

After driving the Charger SRT8 at the SRT experience this year I will say the Charger feels much more responsive with an advantage going to the Charger. Around the track it just felt quicker/responsive with better handling.

9. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks,I wrestled with the decision over which to buy... I never really had the chance to drive the 300 srt, it has a bada$$ stance though.
    09-2012-chrysler-300-srt8-nycopy.jpg

10. Hollywood

Hollywood Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What are are you looking for? Manual? Auto? Leather? Color?

Welcome! Will keep my eyes open. Have seen a couple manuals.

11. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I love mine. I'll post some pics when I get my APR splitter installed which should be soon.

I made a seperate post for this in the other section. But I will say I'm looking for A8's in both color choices.

Bright white: black/ruby red interior, red seat belts, black hood, 8.4an NAV
    Torred: red seat belts, black hood, 8.4an NAV.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. Relax428

Relax428 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Might be one up in Temecula at DCH might want to look into it. I dont know if it is spoken for.

13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If your ok with M6 my dealer contacted me today saying they have allocation for one to be built,, should be 8 weeks to you get a car..

14. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I stopped by Rancho Auto in San Diego. They have a sublime challenger and an allocation which they want a $20,000 adm. The search continues...

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  15. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where are you located?