New Member in Nashville in the Hellcat Madness

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Dave, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Dave

Dave Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well since everyone has kind of told there story about how they ordered their Hellcat, so it looks like I will give mine. I’m from NC and decided to buy the car out in Nashville, TN where I live because it would just be easier (going to see the dealer). I had just purchased a 392 6 speed Black with red stripes back in December and it still has the new car smell. It killed me to have to give up this one, but for the HELLCAT come on that’s a great reason.

I called Miracle Dodge in Gallatin where I had originally bought my 392 to see if I could give them my business again. I called 3 weeks before ordering started and the sales guy told me that the ordering had already started and that I could order with 1000 deposit. I told him that I wanted to trade in my car and asked if he would take my car as a deposit and he said no. So I told him let me think about it (do more research). I was in that neck of the woods the next week getting an oil change and decided to go see the salesman to see if I could talk any sense into him about taking my car as a trade in. To me it seems like they could make more money off of me with my trade in than another customer that just wants to pay for the Hellcat. This time when he talked to me he went and got the sales manager. The sales manager told me that ordering had not taken place yet and that yes my car could be taken as a deposit since I would be trading it in for the new one. I kind of gave my salesman a WTF look. The salesman apologized that he had not had the correct info but if that was case, why come up with a bunch of lies. After that he told me that I could be added to the list but 2 people would be ahead of me that came in 2 days prior. Another WTF look in my head I was thinking I could have been first on the list if you would have know your facts.

I always like to make sure I have an ace in the hole so I headed to the local smaller dealership in Lebanon Rockie Williams Premier. They were very nice and told me that they would only charge me MSRP plus any options that I wanted. I would be #3 on their list, kind of sucks I was in the same spot as I was in Gallatin. But I told them to go ahead and add me. They said that they would call back as soon as ordering started.

The last place I went on that busy day was to Nashville Dodge in Antioch. This story was really different from the other two. They wanted $5000 dollar deposits and they said they already had two on the list. It seemed like my luck hadn’t changed at all. But what kind of pissed me off was when they said that they had ordered the cars and that we would have the choice from what they ordered. So if they got two automatics in one red one blue and I didn’t not want them, then I would not get a car. To put the cherry on top he said that the cars would range from $68000 to $74000.

On to 9/9/2014!!!!!!

I was at work normally on this Tuesday and I thought about leaving work early at 1:00pm but the idea popped in my head to Google (SRT Hellcat) the way I had everyday to see if there was any new info. About two articles down I read where the order had just opened that day. I immediately called Rockie Williams Premier since this is where I got the best response and they took my options down and ordered the car. I was still a lil upset about being #3 on their list but at least I was able to order it.
    About two weeks later they gave me a called and told me that my car had been made. I said but I thought I was #3 on the list. I guess it worked out as the other 2 had options that were not available yet that slowed it down (sunroof or black hood) I don’t know. That’s just my opinion. But I didn’t care; all that mattered was that I was going to receive my HELLCAT!!!!!I went to Rockie Williams Premier on 10/31/2014 and they gave me my paperwork with my VIN and Von and I saw where I was in JS status. It looked like the car had been sitting in storage for a month.

Well that’s my story; I just think it is kind of messed up how the dealerships are doing people. But the last thought in my head was would they have called me on the 9th if I hadn’t called them????? PROBABLY NOT!!!! And I have still yet to hear back from Miracle Dodge they never called or email and just to think I had just given them my business a couple of months before.

That is why it is always best to DO YOUR RESEARCH. Also a lil luck always helps especially in my story.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum!! What a great story and similar to many of the others on this forum. Congrats on your order and build!! Sit tight with the rest of us while we wait for our new babies to be shipped. Enjoy all the great information and fun ideas shared by everyone here! I was in Nashville a year ago for a conference and had a blast in your city! I tried to leave it just the way it was when I got there so, don't blame me if things were out of sorts! LOL;)

3. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great that you were proactive in obtaining the HC. I'm in Cleveland Tn, but ordered late and hope to get one next summer. Keep us updated!

4. Dave

Dave Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Kool will do..... i just called SRT and they said that the 1st allotment would ship out by the end of the year, but no date was given....sucks

5. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think they are tired of giving incorrect information. They can only go by what the system tells them. I am sure they got tired of giving dates that were not accurate so they are now just giving a overall goal.;)

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Dave! I was 3rd or 4th line, mine got built first since I was diligent and had an early deposit in 7/27/14 then made sure that my sales guy got the GM involved when putting my order in. Car was built by end of September or early October. Keep us posted and enjoy!

7. Dave

Dave Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea same here i did not bother talking to the salesman to put in my order i dealt with the GM.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ditto! The GM put the order in once I told the sales guy what I wanted. GM has stayed very actively involved in the process. :)

9. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We finally broke them........ I can see Tim K begging them to stay...on the way to their therapists....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Matrix!

11. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Red Pill Hellcat or the Blue Pill Hellcat?

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dave: you made some good points. Just FYI...the dealer I bought from ( last (2) Challengers), didn't call or respond to my e-mails...and the sales guy when I went in on 9-9-14 shined me off....thus, piss** me off...so I bought from a dealer 30 miles away....AND, when the deal was struck, the owner came out to shake my hand..
    Point: unless your lucky like Tammie and some others on this site..customer loyalty is slowly
    I

13. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try again...
    It's all 1010101010101010101010101010's
    Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 2.09.23 PM.jpg

14. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat