New Owners' Help / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by ChallengerDad, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay, we'll all be "new car owners" soon. Maybe you've "ordered" a car before, and maybe not. So I thought i would post the painfully obvious things we tend to forget or overlook in the excitement of picking up our new Hellcats.....

When you know you're car is being shipped to the dealership, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and call the dealer with the following EXPLICIT instructions:

1) DO NOT HAVE YOUR 'WASHBOY" PREP MY HELLCAT! I'LL DO IT MYSELF.
    2) DO NOT DRILL INTO MY FRONT BUMPER TO MOUNT THE FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET - TICKETS BE DAMNED!
    3) SAVE ALL DOCUMENTATION IN THE CAR - ALL OF IT! This will include "Build Sheets", Unloading "Warnings" for the New Car Carrier about air-dam clearance, Air Bag tags and warnings, Safety sleeves on the visors, (possibly) shipping manifests from the shipper, the Monroney (window sticker), etc.... You WILL want these items for your records.
    4) DO NOT PUT YOUR DEALERSHIP STICKERS, LICENSE PLATE FRAMES OR OTHER MENTION OF YOUR DEALERSHIP ON MY HELLCAT! If they're not paying you to do so, DO NOT advertise their business FOR FREE! You probably paid full MSRP or higher, so if they want "consideration", make them "pony up".
    5) PLEASE print out all "build statuses" for my order/build/car and have them with the documentation from the Hellcat.
    6) DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE AT THE DEALERSHIP TO DO A ROAD TEST IN MY HELLCAT! You want the miles as low as possible when you take delivery - and the car to be as much a "virgin" as humanly possible!
    7) IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE take pictures of my Hellcat arriving on the New Car Carrier. That would be nice to add to your records.

***I always put together a binder with vinyl sleeves for my muscle cars. The sleeves will protect your documents and keepsakes. I also add receipts and warranties / installation instructions for modifications I add to my car in the binder.***

If you happen to think of anything to add to the list, PLEASE mention it in your replies!
    Happy Waiting, folks! :D

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is an excellent break down. Sounds like I am on the right track because I have already made a few of those clear. I will just be sure to add those not already discussed!! Thanks ChallengerDad for more great advice.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I had to label it useful. Very well done! Applause!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to help!

I'll also say that if you ordered your car through Bob Frederick Jr, you've got 90% of these issues solved already. He's a "car guy" before being a salesman. No worries there.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. perry

perry Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thanks just copied to take to dealer

• Like Like x 1