New PCM Update?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by MuscleGarageLA, May 10, 2016.

1. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Apparently there is a new PCM update ending in 16 or something (not sure). However there are reports/claims from the owners that the update is causing inflated readings in the speedometer.

For example a car barely rolling in 2-3 gear is showing 35mph as opposed to 25-30 mph with the same velocity/conditions in the past. Similarly on the freeway what felt like 55mph is now showing up as 65mph.

Obviously there is not conclusive evidence or method to quantify this but this is what I've heard. Are boosted readings even possible?

If someone has recently performed this update I would love to get their feedback/driving experiences after the update and the TSB number if possible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Frehley6986

Frehley6986 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago for the yearly oil change and they did an update. I haven't noticed anything but next time I drive I'll plug in my 'ole
    TomTom and see what the speed says on that.

3. GOMER

GOMER Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    MuscleGarageLA Service Bulletin ID 08-057-16 release date 04/29/16.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Frehley6986

Frehley6986 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  5. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Today they did a PCM, TCM and stereo update. I was reading that thing above and laughed. They apparently fixed radio lockup. YEP - For the first time ever tonight the radio and basically nearly all computer systems locked up, no apps worked nothing coming out of the radio and would not even read my SD card. Oh also, the transmission downshifting was more than noticeable, it downshifted more much like Sport Mode before. Once I felt severe downshifting to the point where if it does it again, they will have my vehicle to themselves to keep for a while.

FCA you got something wrong with at least 2/3 of those items...oh yes, accelerating, it felt like it was missing, never did that before either. Rest assured if I even think it misses a beat, again, I am bringing it back....bad first day folks, I did not need this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No LIKE!! Dang, wth!!

7. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am pissed. Went out and the radio is back after I shut it down. Hope the rest of the apps appear, don't want to wake the neighbors and start it now.

Hit it once, seemed to miss. We did do it again this evening, ha, did not miss. The NT05's actually hooked, kinda surprised, felt pretty good. Had another gentlemen drive it today. We actually made a Vette slink away over in the right lane. Let's just say he may have been surprised by the blue torque monster, just before that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thedynoguy

thedynoguy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DG, have you had the PCM & TCM updated before? I had mine done last fall and I really didn't feel any difference. I just wonder if there are new updates that I should avoid. I did my own UConnect update, and the results were similar. Locked up display, error message that iHeart wasn't letting it load the SRT apps, wouldn't play SD card, then when it finally did, it plays the songs alphabetically. They still haven't figured out the adaptive road sound level thingy either. What the hell...

9. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should be able to go to the Uconnect site and download radio updates. I did mine last week and it was version 16.16.13 which sounds like a later version than in the bulletin. Mine is a 2015 so that may be a difference.

10. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, had all of it done last November before I parked it for the winter. Should have never let them do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A buddy of mine got this radio update done on his MY16 HC at the dealership and apparently they have this update streamlined, according to his service manager.

He had performed the update at home and was complaining of the same problems most on this forum have brought up. The dealer re-installed the update and it appears, all the issues have been addressed. Looks like all these issues/bugs are originating from this latest radio update (2016 models only).

I would recommended going to the dealership and asking to them to install this update at their end. And in case you have done this yourself, it wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer to reinstall it. It's a free service.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ranger75

ranger75 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did mine Monday MY15 along with HK update and all is fine. HK Update made HUGE difference in my sound.

• Like Like x 1
  13. heavycat15

heavycat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just had an update a week before last and the shift pattern has changed the suspension is a bit stiffer. Not sure why the change,but it's alright. Coming to a stop has a hard shift and car bounces, hope it doesn't cause any long term issues. It does take off like a raped ape at thirty mpg. Rpms are up to 1200 to 1500 at speed. Use to be 1100 1200. Don't see 8th gear until 52 to 55 mph now. Just feels like it's in between street and sport mode.

14. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TCM/PCM re-flash TSB 18-047-16 today 06-07-2016 Sounds and feels better. :)

15. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg