SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New personal best with my Cat...

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  PlumTexasCrazy 
#1 ·
Had a fantastic day at the track today. Last years best was a 10.97 and I shattered it!!! 17 passes all between a 10.94 and a 10.89 with the lass pass running a 10.86 @ 127.4 MPH. only mods to the car is driveshaft and M/T S/S drag radials :)

#14 ·
Our track is "the house of hook" :cool: On track rentals I can launch in 1st but on our 'street legals', I need to launch in 2nd and then switch to auto. My fastest ET was leaving at 1200RPM and softly mashing the pedal (10.83). I tried putting it against the converter and if feels like the first 60' is dead and runs 10.94 (and the tires are not spinning). I've been reading a few post on the torque management for the trans computer and I think this is why I find that the car runs slower if you launch on the converter. I'm thinking that there must be something that the computer reads the torque multiplication and backs out the timing???? Someone like TC would be able to shed more on that with all his R&D.... Just my .02 cents but I know every car and driver is a bit different. Give it a shot and see if this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.