New pulley idea Rick@Metco and ATI

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by RadCat, Sep 22, 2015.

1. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've of course watched the 9.77 video many times. And unlike some on here who don't need or care if they void their warranty the first day, the majority of us on here want to enjoy the benefits of a warranty, at least for a few years. But I know that I still want to tweak this car and get more horsepower out of it. A nitrous kit is a little hard and inconvenient to take off and put back on every time you need regular maintenance on your car. Would be nice if these nitrous companies would make us some 'cheater' systems, like the old 'sneaky petes' from way back when, but not to fool your opponent for a money street race, but to hide it from your dealer. So I had this idea. Why not make a reduced upper, just like you are making (and ATI, another lower like you are already making), but make them look EXACTLY like the OEM, to where an FCA service tech could not tell the difference without physically measuring it. Warranty ninja hot rodding. Make upgrades we don't have to take off every time we take it to the dealer.

We want our cake and eat it too...this is 'merica after all right? Isn't that in our constitution somewhere???

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't think these vendors are in the business of helping us commit warranty fraud.

Modify, then pay the price if it causes a failure. FCA shouldn't have to pay because of your modification caused issues.

I'm tuning and putting a pulley on. I'll pay the price if they cause issues.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    find ways to remove weight and you'll be better off--HP/WEIGHT ratio has always been the rule..

20150903_193403.jpg 20150912_112430.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The four or five cars pushing the limits at this point are well noted by Dodge, when we made that 9.77 pass Ralph had an email with the video the next morning from the engineers watching how we progress, they also know we are not out to cheat Dodge if something happens, it's a money game, if you can't afford to pay for a loss don't play....
    TC

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet Ralph was ecstatic after hearing about the 9.77 pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not talking about the minority here, the 1%er's who get to do this kind of cool stuff for a living, or who money is no object and the rest of us envy. The rest of us, well part of the rest of us, want to be able to modify these cars, at least a little, nothing dramatic, which is why I'm asking for them to make these mods almost invisible. It's not like we are hanging a turbo(s) on it or a direct port 600hp NX injection system. And it isn't just for Hellcats. This would also carry over to stuff made for Mustangs and Camaro's.

What I'm saying is if these aftermarket manufacturers were smart, they'd realize that I just showed them an entire untapped market, and they should capitalize on it (and they can PM me here for my "thank you", "OMG!", "why didn't we think of this?", gifts (yes, free samples will be accepted)).

I know Metco will probably see this, not sure if ATI will (hope so)(or Metco could start making the lower pulleys/balancers as well???). It would be awesome if NX (my personal favorite nitrous company) is watching it. Make me a kit for this supercharger intake with a 50-150hp shot that you can't see, all plumbed underneath, all external connections are in the back, close to the firewall. This is stuff I would buy, LOTS of people would buy, and again not just Hellcat owners, but SRT8 owners, R/T owners (and of course Mustang and Camaro owners), who want to bump their hp...without voiding their warranty.

As a manufacturer, I'd definitely want to market a product to 30% of the market instead of the 1%er's. Sure the 1%er's get all the press and YouTube coverage, but that 30% group pays the bills...

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Obiefox

Obiefox Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you for real man? Please let a mod do us a favor and close this thread.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Really mr I've wrote 27 messages here?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. TxBoosted

TxBoosted Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yesssss!! OP
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Obiefox

Obiefox Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep...27 messages and none of them are as ridiculous as the 3 you've written in this thread.

11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The best bet for you is a future tune that is installed from a handheld. Not sure if that will ever happen though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rick@Metco

Rick@Metco Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Many of the supercharger pulley upgrades we offer for newer cars are stock-appearing, but these parts are offered this way for the crafty car owners who prefer to be discreet about their mods, specifically in a situation where guys are street-nite grudge-racing their cars. To offer parts with the deliberate intention to defraud the car manufacturer is not something we plan to pursue. If a customer modified my parts without my permission and then expected me to warranty a failure, I would not hesitate to fire that customer.
    That being said, our Hellcat pulleys look very similar to the OEM units. It is far more likely that a dealer would detect your revisions to the PCM before noticing a pulley change. And, as has been pointed out before, the Magnuson-Moss law states that the dealer must prove your modifications caused the failure before warranty coverage can be denied. So if you add a tune, a pulley, or a nitrous kit, and have a problem with a power window switch, your warranty coverage for the repair should be unaffected. This is how it is supposed to work, but there are no guarantees. If your priority is to preserve your warranty, enjoy your car as is and hot rod-it when the warranty expires.
    TC, on the other hand, has probably made it to Ralph's Christmas card list.

Thanks for the input, RadCat. Always welcome.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The street-nite grudge racers are deceiving their opponent. Are you getting some paycheck from FCA that will get cut off if you make a smaller pulley that closely resembles theirs?

I doubt that, and know me and many of my friends that have used your products for years, on this and other forums. So charge an extra fee for a pulley that looks exactly like their pulley, probably cost less time on the CNC anyway. Pay to play? OK, double your price. If we can afford these cars, we can afford another $300. Doubled your money.

Call it the street-nite, grudge racers special or whatever. If you don't, someone else will... I was just giving you first dibs.

14. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd be astounded if any tech looked over the engine bay and said 'you've changed the pulley'. It looks oem. Go buy it, install it and enjoy the car.

15. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dear AfterMarket Dealer;
    Please help me cheat/steal from FCA..
    I don't care that myself and others of same mindset cause an increase/overhead in prices. I don't care if your business is exposed to a lawsuit from the manufacture.
    I just want to bolt on parts, drive like an idiot and be cool; yep; o so cool!... And when I blow something up, well, I'm so cool I will not accept responsibility for my own actions..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1