SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New Replacement Engine Break-in

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  whitedogtech 
#1 ·
This is my first post and I wish it was on another topic. I have a 2015 Challenger Hellcat that the engine had to be replaced at 1361 miles. Cause was I/C (supercharger) coolent fluid leaking into the first cylinder (piston 1). This showed up as a "sweet smelling smoke" at the beginning that went away, came back and then seized the engine. My dealer was awesome, got a new engine off the assembly line and had it stamped with my correct VIN, so everything still matches. Just got her back two days ago. So my question is how should I break it in? I've gone through the owner's manual break-in once, which I assume the speed, braking, etc, criteria are also for transmission, brakes, etc. break-in. All of that is broken in, so I am wondering if I should focus more on RPMs and managing that during some period (?) to break the new engine in. The dealer played it safe and said, first Hellcat engine we've replaced, so you should probably just follow the owner's manual recommendations again. Thoughts and ideas appreciated, and happy to join the forum.

#7 ·
Go to the nearest interstate or freeway. Run it up to 145-150 mph then slow down to 60-70 mph. Repeat this 3 times and then your completely broke in.

Reactions: Djason
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.