New to dodge...I have a few questions about the vehicles I have purchased.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Robert P6167, May 18, 2016.

1. Robert P6167

Robert P6167 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hey guys and gals, my name is Robert or Rob for short; I for one am not a car dealer or a licensed mechanic so do not believe anything I have to recommend unless I send you feeds from info I come across online and two am a huge car guy; no seriously Im 6'3" 390lbs. My dad purchased my first dodge for me back in 2004 and I still own it to this day. It is a 1997 Dodge Viper GTS with blue base coat and white racing stripes. It is bone stock except for the berringer exhaust system ( I probably spelt that wrong OOPS). Through out the years I have owned 2 dodge ram pick ups and one SRT 392 Challenger that I traded in after losing my last job for a 2016 6.4l power wagon. I know it sounds like a strange trade but I can explain. My work truck (daily driver) was getting high on the mileage at a low time in my life (got shot truck had bullet holes in the radiator) so I traded it in with my SRT 392 challenger to purchase my new truck a 2016 Dodge Power Wagon; which in turn lowered my monthly payments from 2200 dollars a month to a little over 800 a month. I have had the truck for 4 months now and it keeps breaking down. I drive roughly 200 miles a day with it and 2000 miles a weekend when road tripping to the beach where my old house is at. The code last week was a P030xx stating it was misfiring on cylinder 6. I took it in to the dealer and they serviced the truck and fixed the trouble codes...300 miles later exactly the light came back on. Does anybody on this forum have any information on or about why the engine light is on? it seems to run fine it just doesn't run smoothly.

Thanks,

Rob

2. Wayne

Wayne Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have no ideas regarding the misfire, but the $2,200 monthly payment intrigues me. Did you have a 24 month term on that loan?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Robert P6167

Robert P6167 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    No actually...lol...I had a Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 with the 6.7l diesel in it and it was roughly 1100 a month and then I bought the challenger 392 with a down payment from my mom who is also my boss for a wopping 900 a month. I also had to pay for the insurance which covers the 2200 a month. My parents and I opened a small store ten years ago where I used to go on vacation at and recently sold them and I became jobless in the interim. I found a job shortly after that pays almost Identical to what I was making managing a restaurant except the hours are easier and more lenient. I usualy opt for 60 month loans myself.

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Robert. I am sorry to read that you are having issues with your truck. Are you having the same problem each time? Perhaps some of the guys will have some suggestions for you. My only advice would be to take it to a different dealership and see if they have a Tech who can correct the problem, since the Tech you are currently using does not seem to have been successful. Either that or start researching your state's Lemon Laws. Good Luck!

April

5. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robert, man...I've got nothing. Still digesting your initial entry into the thread. Like April mentioned...someone will know what's going on and they are probably here on our forum. Wow, good luck with all that. By the way. I have you by an inch, but you've got me by 5 lbs. Nice to have another normal sized person lapping the forum with me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So you're def not "new to Dodge"

7. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good morning and I am also sorry that you are having troubles.

Has the dealer found 02 sensor codes or Knox sensor codes? There are are updated harnesses that are plug and play and some harness may have to be cut and spliced (properly).
    There are tsbs for this. That is if your truck is a diesel.
    It doesn't appear to be but if you could let us know that's would be great. Post the last 8 of your vin for us

• Like Like x 1
  8. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get your truck running better and things turn around for you.

Chuck

9. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At your height and weight seems like the Power wagon would be a great choice for you - I agree with the others- try another dealer and ask them to sort it out for you- If not maybe somewhere on this forum who lives close to you can recommend one they are happy with to help you out- Might well be worth a short drive over somewhere-

I had a Dodge Sprinter Van that for some reason kept draining the battery when parked. I tried many shops and finally one found the problem. The company that owned it prior to me had installed a GPS tracking system in the Van. It was still hooked up and was sending out a signal every so often even when the car was turned off. This was draining the battery slightly every day and would eventually drain the battery to where it wouldn't start. The mechanic kept the car for weeks and would test it every so often to locate the source of the power drain- Since the signal was intermittent it was difficult to fine. One day he tested for the drain and found the source-

Un plugged the device and problem solved.

Hope your problem is an easy fix also.

10. Robert P6167

Robert P6167 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hellcat Forum,

First of all I would like to say thank you for letting me rant about my Powerwagon malfunctions. The dealer called me earlier today and told me the truck was ready for pick up. Over the past two weeks of discussions with the dealer the cylinder head was replaced and new programming was uploaded to my truck. I will post up the info on the replacement and warranty info that the dealer gave me tomorrow when I have free time..

Rob,

11. Robert P6167

Robert P6167 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    The dealer; Frisco Dodge, in Frisco, Tx., came back with a manufacture warranty fix reading removed cylinder head, cleaned cylinder head gasket area, replaced cylinder head gasket, replaced old cylinder head with new cylinder head. So far it runs fine and I'm glad I have my truck back. Here in a couple of months I plan on rejoining the hellcat family.

12. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Who in their right mind would take a $2200 a month loan??? Are you sure you can afford these cars?

13. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    With all the tech's here on this site, why would you XX out the last digits of the error code? Someone could have given great info if all of it was posted.

"The code last week was a P030xx stating it was misfiring on cylinder 6. I took it in to the dealer and they serviced the truck and fixed the trouble codes."

Or is that a real code with the xx's in it?
    don't mean to be a PITA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert P6167

Robert P6167 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    The truck drives almost perfect, minus the cruddy roads the rural areas of North Texas has. I started off my career as a bartender at my parents brewpub while in college then was recruited by my local fire department which I worked for 7 years before retiring after being a victim of violent crime. I still keep in touch with my fire/police buddies but am no longer active in it and I currently work for my father as a surveyor in training at his construction company here in dfw, Tx.

15. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Rob. i hope you can get things going "good" for you again and you can make the HC wish a reality. I'm working on the "dream" as well trying to figure out how to make it happen.