New user

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Jimmyjam, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jimmyjam

Jimmyjam Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all I'm another lucky owner of a 2015 Hellcat. I've owned many Dodge Ram trucks in the past and currently own a 1996 ram 4x4 and my work truck is a 2015 Ram 4x4 hemi. I took delivery back on May 22nd of last year on my 6 speed manual Hellcat. I've had some issues with the transmission and would like to share to see if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and enjoy...post up some pics of your car.

3. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congratulations on your cat. What issues are you having with your M6?

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, welcome to the forum. Grtz on the Hellcat! What issues have you been having?

April

5. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hello and welcome from Florida Jimmyjam

6. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Cat... do share the M6 issues.

7. specl4ss

specl4ss Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum & congrats

8. Jimmyjam

Jimmyjam Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Around the 900 mile mark or so after a couple of 1/4 mile runs I had trouble getting the car into reverse and or first at the end of the run. I didn't think much of it at the time but after that the more I drove the car the worse it got. I took it in for service at the dealership where I bought the car. I left it with them and after two days without my car and lack of communication from the dealer I contacted them to find out the status. They had done nothing with the car. After communicating with the service manager they had a tech drive my car the following day who in turn decides to get into a fender bender and do 4 grand in damages to my new cat. After a month of it being at the dealerships body shop the car came back new front clip new drivers side fender but the paint was not nearly as smooth as the factory finish. I'm still working on that issue. In the meantime they never did anything about the original issue of the tranny. I reluctantly agreed to take my car back and had there Viper tech ride with me. I was able to duplicate the problem for him and he said he would check it out. After two more days I get a call and talk with tech and he says after driving the car and contacting Dodge that this seems to be a normal issue with these cars and I should just go into a higher gear before putting in reverse and this should help. After arguing about this with him and telling him I have owned many manual transmissions as well as drove a semi with a 13 speed tranny and I have never had this issue before and have never had to go to a higher gear before reverse. My question is has any one else had similar issues with especially reverse gear. It happens almost every time I drive the car now. My last was a Sunday stroll through the country with normal driving habits. Returned to park the car in garage and guess what, it would not go in reverse. I let the car set for an hour go back outside and it then shifts fine into reverse first try. So I need help and I need to find a dealer that can actually fix my problem. By the way I have 1500 miles on my Hellcat. Thanks

9. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your Hellcat. I have a M6 no problems at all with any of the gears. This seems strange and it happens after its warmed up . I think you do have some kind of issue since after it get hot it will not shift to reverse that is not normal in my book to have to shift to another gear to find reverse. Sorry about the damage on your Hellcat also I would of blowed up from the damage and no answer to my problem.

Chuck

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jimmyjam

Jimmyjam Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Chuck for the reply. At this point I am going to try and contact Dodge as to this issue. I have as you can imagine been extremely frustrated and have shown it to all that I have dealt with at the dealership. I wanted to be able to trust my hometown dealership that ordered the car for me with my service unfortunately I have been let down by everyone on the service end of things. Even after the damage to the car the dealership was very cold as to how they handled everything from the service manager, body shop manager, service advisors etc. I wouldn't recommend this dealership to anyone desiring any type of service to any car, completely horrible experience all around. Any one have any suggestions on getting a resolve?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PlumHell

PlumHell Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the car! Sorry to hear all the crap you're dealing with. You should try calling Dodge customer car at 1-800-423-6343. It sounds like you have a defective transmission and Customer Care has in the past worked with the dealership to have it replaced. Hope this helps and turns out good for you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jimmyjam

Jimmyjam Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks as I did contact them this afternoon. They started a case for me as I also complained about my local dealership regarding the problems and lack of help on this issue. I am taking car to another dealership Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. PlumHell

PlumHell Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great! Keep us up on the outcome.

14. FireLane

FireLane SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Your best bet would be to contact SRT, they are separate from dodge to a certain extent and can demand a resolution on your part and make it happen. It sounds like it could be your clutch.

15. My71Gs

My71Gs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about your car that really sucks! I would be in jail typing this if that were my car. Then to top it off they give you back the car with the same problem. Run away from that dealer. I have a dealer 1 mile away from my house and I drive 40 miles away to another dealer for service. Not that it makes a difference when it comes to these cars know ones good enough. I'm sure your not the only one with dealer horror stories!