Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Bad Kitty!, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Bad Kitty!

Bad Kitty! Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all! Figured it was time to quit lurking and join. My name is Damon and I have a VON or "soft" order on a Challenger Hellcat Auto/Ivory White/Black laguna/nav for MSRP at a small lot that I placed on Jan 12. (I am 3rd in line.) The charger originally caught my eye but after plenty pics and videos I settled on a challenger. Anybody had any luck at any Fl dealerships? I have lost count on the dealerships I have contacted and all the bs they feed you. I have found a lot that claims they can have the car in 2-3 months with 1500.00 down for Msrp and a lot that wants 500 down but wants market value whenever the car gets delivered ( he told me it would be a 2016 ). I am trying to find a back up plan after reading some through the site. Thanks for all the insight. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    go to dodge.com, car.com, autotrader.com and send out requests for every car in the country

get a deal, fly, pick up your car and drive it home

easy as that.....if you want msrp expect to spend a few hours and a couple of weeks..... i found mine msrp in 3 days-350 miles away

i feel ordering is for suckers......if you want to be last in line and maybe never get your car then order it....if you want your car now go find it

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jim schmittinger

jim schmittinger VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [QUOTE="huggytree,

i feel ordering is for suckers......if you want to be last in line and maybe never get your car then order it....if you want your car now go find it[/QUOTE]

Than i'm a sucker LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The only thing Huggy left out is be ready to be flexible on options and have more than one color you could accept. Lastly, you can transport ship your HC from anywhere in the US typically from $800 to $1500 depending on distance. That's still better than paying anything $2K and above MSRP.

Only dealer in FL I heard that wasn't sticking it to folks is Lakeland Dodge. Call Denise (888-420-1648).

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes you are

i learned the lesson in 2011....i ordered my ie for $500 off msrp right away....ohhhh super excited.....then mine sat for 6-7 weeks in canada....i started to track cars and noticed cars built for dealerships were typically shipped in 1 week....

i bought my car off a dealer lot for -2500 off sticker.....ordering just means your waiting for no good reason......now that msrp is becoming common there is no reason to order....just spend a week or 2 and buy a car.....or put your name on an order and maybe the dealer will get it for you...maybe in 2016, maybe never.....mean while everyone else has their cars

id never order a car again

i want to be first in line, not last.....but im not fussy with options....and im not fussy with driving a couple hundred miles to purchase......thats all part of the game to me.

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered my car day one, and I'm going on two months of ownership,, get it the way I wanted, and my name on the window sticker,,,I don't feel I'm a sucker, and I'm sure, Tammie, hcdc, dude, just to name a few feel like they are suckers either..

7. jim schmittinger

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I don't order I pay what you did. (not a bad thing) bit I order I get 6 grand under MSRP I guess I will order

• Like Like x 1
  8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • there's only 3 options....nav,leather and summer tires.........do you really have to be flexible to accept 3 options
    • why ship....drive it home....air plane ticket is $150 1 way
    • good idea to have more than 1 color.......for $60k i wouldnt be flexible on color or transmission though
    • i wasnt flexible at all on my HC....on my GT500 i was flexible a bit...i had 3 color combo's, but 1 was my favorite
    • '
    • i think you guys who dont have your hc's yet are fighting yourselves......yea you may really want B5....and id wait too if thats your color.....the black hood id probably drop and wrap if its what you want.....most just want to buy local and its killing them from getting one....the thought of driving 5-12 hours to get their dream car is beyond their way of thinking

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your not a sucker, but you did get lucky.....good job........most still waiting are suckers

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you are my idol!

11. Bad Kitty!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got a trad
    Trust me I have checked Cars,Cargurus,trucar,dodge,edmunds,AAA, and autotrader.com for a Ivory White. All been sold or got that beautiful 80K price tag. Got a trade to deal with also and if I venture too far out they will try to stick me. I appreciate the words of wisdom and encouragement! I might just need to open up on my color choice maybe. Does anyone have a Ivory white pearl ?

12. jim schmittinger

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I think you forget I work for the dealer

13. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not all flights are $150 one-way. And I repeated what you said earlier in another post. But now you say color shouldn't be flexible if he doesn't want to wait until who knows when. Maybe I didn't understand your post on the other thread. I do agree you didn't say anything about shipping on the other thread. Depending on the distance and if someone has lots of time, driving is an option but then you spend a set amount on driving the car back. It's going to get road dirt whether driving it or transporting it.

14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do agree with him to a certain point,, at the point in the game, if I wanted a hellcat,,I would have to trouble finding one and getting it before weeks end,, but I do live in the Detroit metro area, where a few people have came and got there cars, including huggytree

15. Bad Kitty!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never have bought local nor have I ordered a car. I have always found better deals out of town for sure so a road trip doesn't scare me. I just thought ordering my very own car would be a cool experience this go around. I will be still actively looking for one on a lot or placing an order with a lot that has an actual allocation but I need a certain amount on my trade and I have never had any out of town dealers promise price over the phone regardless how far I am. Trying to limit myself to no more than 6 hr drive so incase I have to walk away after an absurd offer.