Next Manufacturing Run

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Rick Ruder, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Rick Ruder

Rick Ruder Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Does anybody know the date of the second run? I know it's in December, just wondering what the exact date will be.

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Read in another thread that it will take most of December to complete the first run of 1500 HC's. (900+ to date) Dodge may
    be pulling the next orders for the second allotment on Dec. 9th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sunger

sunger Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm glad they are still producing them, but what is taking so long? Only 900 to date is somewhat pathetic. I read somewhere that Dodge has roughly 5000 Hellcat orders, and the Chargers haven't hit production yet. Are they only able to pop out about 500 a month? That can't be because the per vehicle profit won't come anywhere near the production costs. Plus, It seems when they are finished, they let them sit in storage yards for weeks at a time. What gives? Is dodge so flush with cash its not concerned about profit and customer satisfaction?

4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For whatever the reason, the production slowly ramped up in late October. RS states that capability is 50 to 60 per day, five to six days a week. If this is all correct, it means 6-8k by the end of July. Will there be buyers for all of them?

5. sunger

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay, that works with what I understand. But consider how many employees work at that plant, and guesstimate numbers from there. No way will 50 to 60 cars a day support a production facility of that magnitude. Stopping production to switch from one model to another is painful to a profit margin, so something else is going on. What am I missing here? There is an issue of some kind ,but I can't figure it out.

6. GottaHaveaCat

GottaHaveaCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buyers? Why yes, yes there will be...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There will be plenty of buyers, especially if the dealers get pricing back in line with what Dodge has priced them at.. IMO, the dealers are killing sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. sunger

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed that dealers are a problem, but how long does Dodge think the buyers will remain lined up? The muscle car wars are alive, and manufactures need to move every car possible before their customers get the bug and go elsewhere to scratch their itch. Look at the posts here where people are saying they are looking at other cars, and the dealers have ticked them off so badly they won't return to Dodge for their next car. Sorry Tim K., but you don't appear to be as smart as you once did.

9. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IF they are indeed gonna produce 5K or more, then certainly prices will become more reasonable. Not necessarily below sticker, but at least the premiums many dealers charge would go away. I have no crystal ball, but if they make less than 8,000 Hellcat Chall's I would be surprised if they weren't able to easily sell through them all, assuming MSRP becomes the norm instead of the common ADM's seen these days.

10. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep I agree.. I've been ready to buy, but can't find a car that hasn't been marked up ridiculously high. I want a Hellcat, but not bad enough to pay more that MSRP, which I've never ever paid for any car. I think I'll wait it out and order a 2016. I think the hype will wear off by spring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, I don't think we will ever know..communication is not their strong suit...We've been around here for along time, and since not even the reporters are saying anything about the delays.....who knows......
    Might as well throw VOTS into the mix.....

12. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guys I remember my search for an 08 Cherokee srt8. My buddy paid 5k more than me for his 07 early in the run. I waited till late 08 and there were units on the lot and my 08 was way nicer and better options than his 07. This will play out with these as well however I can only imagine how good it feels rolling in one of these hellcats so early in the game. Congrats to those enjoy

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In reality, my car was built in the first few weeks and they didn't start until the end of September and mine was done Oct. 2 so, they have built 900 cars in 2 months so, even with the early reflashes they are still pretty close to target. Now, if they expected to have the first 1,200 done by December, they are a hit off. I think the reflashes and black hoods caused unexpected delays along with appropriate quantity of optional equipment. Anyway, 450 a month would mean they could build 5,000 in a year pretty easy, especially if they can pick up the pace!;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sunger

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have no idea where mine sits right now as I am still holding on (ordered 9/9) to just a VON. I don't want to be sitting on this same horse during the summer/fall months of 2016, and I will cancel my order if I don't have a firm date by the end of the first quarter. There is a principle involved with this. I'm almost 3 months into this deal,and I don't know anything more than I did when I put down my deposit. I feel like a pawn while Dodge plays some sort of game with us, and it ticks me off. I believe in customer service, and this isn't working.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i have high hopes that those of us with VONs from the 9th will all get VINs in the next 2 weeks ;)

• Like Like x 1