NHRA Roll bar / Fire jacket Rule

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by sgoyal, May 28, 2016.

1. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does this rule varies from track to track or all the track follows NHRA rules. I was told I would need fire jacket since I ran 1/8" faster than 7.35 and would need role bar as soon as I cross 10.99.

I have read on this forum that there's an exception to STOCK car with DOT radial. But unable to find that in NHRA rule book, may be I'm not reading it properly. Can someone please share that info, so I can keep with me when I go there next time and show them.

I've no issue buying fire jacket but roll bar to run under 10.99 that's *****

Thanks

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. Tightlines

Tightlines Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Subscribed

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Track to track ,helmet and jacket no big deal, a roll bar will get you down to 10.000 and a 10 point cage 8.50
    TC

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's what I found in amendment doc.

Unaltered 2008 OEM model-year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series roll-bar and roll-cage requirements,. Note: Tires used may be other than OEM, but they must be DOT approved. Other changes/modifications to items such as but not limited to intake air systems, exhaust systems, computer programming from the factory OEM equipment are considered “alterations”. As such 2008 and newer vehicles with changes/modifications must meet the Summit Racing Series rules. All drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series helmet and protective-clothing requirements.

5. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Running the 1/8th mile ive been told id need a jacket too. They let me slide that day but for 1/4 mile no jacket or bar