NIGHTMARE OVER!!Let the fantasy begin.. Phantom Black Hellcat FINALLY in garage

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by wannagofast707, Aug 7, 2015.

1. wannagofast707

wannagofast707 700 Club Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member South East Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just wanted to post a pic of my new baby. All the way from Houston to Daytona in an enclosed trailer..Had to drive my truck from tampa to houston 1000 miles to trade it in and wait a week for her to get here. I didnt wanna put a 1000 miles on her the 1st day. she's ready to breath now but the break in period is driving us both crazy. Anyone else go through a nightmare adventure to get their own baby? 2015072095125622.jpg 2015072295121453.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the Hellcat experience!

I drove a whopping 20 miles to get mine from the dealer I ordered it from.... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats!

4. wannagofast707

wannagofast707 700 Club Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member South East Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wish I was that lucky. Couldn't find any dealer in florida with the options I wanted plus cheapest for a pitch black or sublime was 11k over msrp. Was the only one on dodge.com in July that was auto, phantom black, and black satin hood. I felt bad paying 5k over msrp but they gave me 2500 more than I expected for my trade in so I could live with the 2500 over msrp. From what I've been reading the past couple months I got pretty lucky. Guy came in day after I bought mine and payed 15k over msrp for a torred

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    GRTZ! Sounds you had one HellCat of a drive home, but I'm glad you made it safely! Enjoy!

April

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and enjoy.
    L J

7. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the forum. The break in can require discipline and patience and I think it is worth it for future peace of mind. Phantom will be known...at least for now...as a 2015 only color. Enjoy safely and thanks for joining us. Glad the hunt is over:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice choice in color, you know black is the fastest IMG_20150531_164543657_HDR.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have fun drive in health and remember, if anybody gives you any S**t just tell them with a straight face "My Car is Faster"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    THATS RIGHT!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. wannagofast707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only color I think I would like more might be Hemi Orange. I had a 2010 R/T classic with every option but sunroof in hemi orange. Traded it in on the truck that I drove to Houston to trade in on Goliath(my kitties name)..Circle of life in a way..lol..and thanks for the comments and support. Nice to know theres a tight knit community for hellcats. just started my account at 5pm and already am feeling like part of "the crowd".thanks again

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. wannagofast707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im up to mile 67 on break in..accidentally got up to 61mph on hwy going down a small incline in traffic. Wasn't exactly to happy with myself but then I remembered I was wrapped in leather and suede,riding along with it a cool 69 in the car while the outside temp gauge was reading 101 in Florida, not to mention in a HELLCAT. Anyone else ever catch oneself in awe that they are ACTUALLY SITTING IN THEIR OWN HELLCAT?!! Maybe its just me but sometimes its a pretty amazing feeling surprisingly inspired by nothing more than 6.2 liters of steel and aluminum roaring up when started. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. 4510

4510 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nightmare Adventure? It is all in the eye of the beholder. Fly cross country, pick up Hellcat in Florida. Drive two 1/2 days back to Arizona. That is adventure... no nightmare to it at all. More like a dream!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. wannagofast707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There was a lot more to it,just 1 thing for instance, getting to the dealer at 7pm and my flight home leaving at 830pm and only having 15-20 mins to check her out and sign some paperwork they hadn't mailed.. I checked the forecast for 4 days hoping it wasn't going to rain the whole way, but no luck. I told my wife it was every boys dream to get the baddest car on the road and drive on a cross country adventure. That $1000 payment a month I received along with my Hellcat deters me from driving it in the rain or 1000 miles the 1st day I pick it up. Also I was a little hesitant because of the break in recommendations. But yea I get what your saying would've been nice to not care and just drive her on home.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drive it like you stole it, do not stress out about the break in, the engine already been run at the factory, if the ring gear starts whining, that is what the warranty is for. Just what I did, only problem is I have 1,000 miles and need new rear tires, the life of a Knob!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2