no build on my cat until Jan because of satin hood?!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by walter roberson, Nov 18, 2014.

1. walter roberson

walter roberson Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Called SRT today. My scheduled build date was yesterday. The nice girl from SRT says to not expect my build until JAN because of the satin hood option. SOB! Anyone else getting the same reports, or should I go and unpack my flame thrower now...

2. dieselsc

dieselsc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told the same thing by Veronica at SRT last week, then contacted my dealer who in turn contacted the regional rep and was copied on the return email, Rep said my order was good but was not going into production for a couple weeks, so knowing Dodge's couple weeks that probably equates to Jan.

3. ATLHellcat

ATLHellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I spoke to SRT today and I'm still scheduled for production next week and I have the black hood. However, my build date has moved out 3 times now since I've been D1. I thought D1 meant all of the parts were available and assigned? Not sure what the deal is. I can understand the sunroof issue since that had real mechanical implications but we are talking a freaking hood. I prefer the paint from the factory rather than doing an after-market wrap but these constant delays over a hood are a bit silly. I guess we'll see if she gets born next week or if it gets pushed again... :confused:

4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told to expect my car in Feb due to the satin black hood option.

5. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Complete and total BS! We should have been notified by our dealers and/or SRT if this is true. I emailed my dealer. Waiting to hear back.

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told by my dealers GM that if I wanted my car ASAP to drop the hood and it would be here very soon but If I wanted the hood it would be Feb 2015. So I have been given the option and I choose to wait on the hood. So I can't complain even though I would like my car.

Really its winter lots of cold, ice snow SALT, Calcium Choride on the road so can't drive until spring so may as well wait, at least I don't have to pay the insurance premium or pay for the car until I go get it.

I sure like seeing all the new hellcats in peoples garages.

7. walter roberson

walter roberson Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for not getting my car now, I live in Florida. No salt, no snow, just lost time in my new ride. Its crap. I was given the option to switch hoods, but damn, if you are going to open the build process, have the supply on hand to get through initial expectations until your supplier can make more. That's just basic business practice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mopar or no car

Mopar or no car Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have sublime, M6, black hood, and 6 speed. My build was completed and I went to JS last week. I then went to JB on 11/12. I was told this means I am built and at "body trim shop" awaiting black hood install.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    curious...i had originally wanted a B5 exterior color, but was told it wouldn't be available until next year. that color option is now open. Is it possible to change my exterior color even if i have a VIN assigned if they keep pushing back building it because of the delay on the black hoods?

10. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nevermind...answered own question...i would have to cancel order, and resubmit with B5 blue...which would put me back at just VON, no VIN, and behind everyone else...oh well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Email response from my dealer today.

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid it's true on the issue with the Black Satin Hood. Speaking with SRT direct , 855-SRT-TEAM (855-778-8326), they have told me it's an issue with the vendor, apparently we are outsourcing the hood, and that they hope to have the hoods available by January. The lady I spoke with said if you decided to take the Satin Hood off that the vehicle would probably be here before Christmas. Staying with the hood you would not see the vehicle till most likely late January. I sincerely apoligize for this delay but it is not in our hands.

Looks like it's true. Seriously thinking about dropping the hood.

12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ughhh! How frustrating...what are you going to do? I guess you are talking about 2-3 month difference in delivery?? Your weather is pretty crappy so are you going to wait? Would have been nice to have people know this. Seems so odd that a different vendor paints a black hood since I am of the understanding it is the same hood, just different pain????o_O

13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    pain...paint- same difference LOL

14. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most likely going to drop it. I was back and forth on the hood anyway. I just want my damn car! Besides, it saves me $1000!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    True. Probably going to drop it. They said MAYBE January so even that's not guaranteed.