No hellcat for me

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollracing, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rollracing

rollracing Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :(
    Dealer called today. Wanted best # so a dodge rep can call me personally and tell me the news. Guess also gonna offer a voucher for a 16. Really disappointed. I don't think I want another any color than sublime. Bought a lot of parts now that must be returned. Car was on order since sept. 14 2014. I am still in shock. Dealer never got a hellcat and can't get me one. ??? My dad is a 25 year salesman for the dealership and we r great personal friends w the owner of the dealership. He has been very helpful. And he is at a loss for words? All I can say is WTF !!!!!!! How could I see everyday people around me getting this car in a quick turnaround and even seen dealerships getting some who had never even order them SOLD. And got them!!! Again. WTF!!!!!!!!! Sublime m6 leather nav. Red seatbelts summer tires. Not really anything special. He'll I even wrote letters and the owner of the dealership wrote letters. Jump thru hoops??? Tired of begging someone to take my money!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry bro, there may be a few strays out there if you look around

3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is the Dodge rep an SRT person or the FCA regional rep? If its the FCA regional rep, they have some say and influence as to what dealers get an allocation. If you do talk with the FCA rep, you may be able to do a "guilt trip" on them since you ordered last Sept. I would at least try and remain first in line at your dealership so if an allocation comes through, it should be yours.... meanwhile, doesn't hurt to keep looking. If the person who calls is from SRT, then the guilt trip thing will probably have no impact. You should know this month....based on the new allocation rules...if your dealer will get an allocation. If not, then you will have to wait for round 2 in FEB 2016. Good Luck..we're pulling for you:)

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Keep looking they show up on here

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there are in all colors not just B5 even a sublime or two!!!!!!!!

6. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hold out for the orange I might trade you if I can't find a way to hide another cat from my wife.

7. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Search Dodge inventory and find one

8. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry, that sucks! Keep looking you may find an M6 out there.

9. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're not alone bro, for me the sublime was a HUGE part of the deal. I've looked at the other colors & the new colors for '16 and none of them get me revved up. I've even gone so far as to go look at 392's just to get a sublime car, tech pkg + $3- 4K under MSRP made it pretty attractive but in the end those are not much faster than what I'm already driving so why bother.

Since you are an M6 buyer there is hope for you yet, I have seen M6's pop up. Keep your eyes open, you could still get lucky & find a stray out there that needs a home !

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't jump ship. They are out. The net is full of 4 sale Hellcats. Good luck !

11. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about this I stayed on this forum and research the web till I found my hellcat I didnt order because my son also works at a dealership and told me they couldn't be sure if or when they could get a hellcat. So I started hunting and found what I wanted . The problem now is time is running out . They are still some out there at MSRP but colors and prices are crazy at times. I will say that a dealer that has what you want that is in transit with vin at this point best a sure deal better than a maby . You are so close to the 2016 that might be best unless you find a car comming or on a lot and these cars going so fast . Just hope you get what you want and sorry for you not getting your order .

12. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DUDE you should have tried another dealer....first of that dealer would know if they can get a HC or not. so they should have told you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sb31767

Sb31767 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am starting to hate dodge and hope some other car comes out that's available with 750hp and burns them badly.
    Never waited this long and sounds like we all start square one again in two weeks. Dealer knows nothing. Just ordered voucher but does that mean I may actually get one??
    Sad that they hyped this car like crazy and then made none of them. Yes I guess I could pay 90k to a dealer for my charger but that's a big no

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sb31767

Sb31767 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes ordered in 2014 so I am one of those losers getting near a year now

• Like Like x 1
  15. rollracing

rollracing Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the lady i talked to in fact said that dodge is working on a way to prioritizing our orders so we are quarantined the first cars off the line for 2016.. But what she didn't kn ow was according to forum the replacement colors r not even available till late in the season so WTF?

• Like Like x 1