No Love for the CAT

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 69RT, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 69RT

69RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Took both cars to a local show on Sunday. Perfect set-up to compare/contrast classic muscle and new muscle. A lot of people enjoyed the opportunity to view them side by side. Out of curiosity, I started asking which one would you choose? A great majority chose the '69. The judges were the same....'69 won a trophy, CAT was snubbed. Don't get me wrong, the crowd did enjoy seeing the CAT. Many people stated that it was the first that they had seen in person. One guy looked over the CAT for 5 minutes and then turned and asked.....Is this your Challenger....Yep.....Do you have a Hellcat on order.....Huh :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Both are stunning that is certain. I am shocked the HC did not get a trophy! Dante is the rock star of the cruise in every time I go.

April

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. peter george

peter george Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Dodge charger 68-70 is one of the most beautiful muscle cars in my opinion, but the hellcat definitely deserves recognition due to the fact that it exceeds what a car enthusiast expects from a muscle car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm just curious, what kind of trophies has the HC been getting at shows and why would anyone expect it to get a trophy? I don't mean to be Negative Nancy here, but I would EXPECT the '69 to get a trophy over the HC any day. Why? Because it's clearly been restored and well taken care of and has a lot of history whereas the HC is "simply" (don't take that word wrong because I know there's nothing simple about it) a new car. Just my opinion, for what it's worth (not worth $0.02).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It really depends on the age of the crowd at the car show. 40 and over they are all over the old cars. Under 40 they are all over the Hellcat.

6. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you throw some aftermarket mods on it....the Hellcat will get more love.

Aftermarket wheels, tint, underhood bling, etc. No stock car should win a trophy IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I enjoy the shows since people really seem to get excited by it.
    I don't go to win a trophy but for the fun of talking to excited people. I remember when I was jumping to get any info or glimpse of one.
    But there are some that are definitely all about the win.
    And if they have obviously put in a TON of time, labor and love in restoring or maintaining a classic then they deserve it over me by a long shot!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Augdog1964

Augdog1964 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love my Hellcat, and would expect people to want to see it and ask questions...

But I am IN LOVE with my '68 Charger RT Hemi 426, red w/ tail stripe... there is no comparison...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 69RT

69RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I couldn't care less about the trophies....I just toss them anyway. I take my cars out to share with people that don't get to see these cars very often.

I was just summarizing the experience. I thought that the results were interesting.

By the way, if I were judging, a nice classic would get my vote over any new car.....even a Hellcat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A currently available model with no customization wouldn't get any awards, nor should it.

The last two shows I went to, my car got a ton of attention, but not from trophy voters, nor would have expected it to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TexasTorred

TexasTorred Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same 2 Charger models, your '15 Hellcat and sitting next to it a guy 20 years from today with the new '2035 Charger (All Electric/ridiculous torque, etc.) Same question is asked....most folks would go--I like 'that old' '15 Hellcat. There's just something about the nostalgia of 'old cars' in mint condition/restored.
    I can hear it, 'they could really build them back in the day of the internal combustion (gas) engine, supercharged, etc. 707hp --- "The last of the semi-affordable musclecars"......."the last of the gasoline driven musclecars."

That's why I love my 'first year model', 'first EVER supercharged HEMI' ---All a matter of time. Love my car and will never sell it...pass it on to my kids....(with the blk key:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sometimes our roots are of greater interest than the current fruit of the tree called Dodge.

Old school Muscle Cars are always of great interest to most any car enthusiast.
    Remember: when we are buying modern Mopar Muscle cars we are also looking back and thanking the Muscle Cars that pioneered the way..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "Last" and "Hellcat" should not be used in the same sentence. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Personally I am amazed they ever award trophys to cars you can drive off the lot today. Vintage cars typically have been painstakingly reworked to get them in condition to show. I am impressed by quality of work and effort involved. But having my valve covers dipped, adding a CAI, and some embroidery, then paying somebody to polish and CQuartz it is just throwing dollars at it. I saw a freaking fish tank in a Modern Mopar at a show the other week. Complete with neon lights and little fish. WTF. I smiled and nodded to the guy, who was beaming. But seriously, any spoiled kid with a huge allowance can do that without getting their hands dirty. That never been what car shows were about. At least none I've been to/in.
    edit: but I'm an antique.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have you got a picture of that fish tank?
    umm just for curiositys sake...