No Luck Yet?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Aug 26, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Per the excellent advice of forum members I contacted 8 different Dodge dealers in my area and here's where I'm at:

All 8 of them told me they have no available allotments at this time, thus unable to take my order. They also said the factory has giving no reason for the hold up???

Additionally four dealers told me they would not sell the car @ MSRP, two dealers said they had no problem selling at MSRP and other two would not discuss pricing at this time.

I have no problem contacting an unlimited amount of additional dealers; but, see no benefit at this time since they are all saying the same thing regarding 2016 orders on hold.

As much as I want the car I will not go over MSRP because IMO it's flat out wrong. They are assuming a short term gain based on greed that may have a long term consequent.

I even told them if you sell the Charger to me at MSRP I'm also willing to a purchase a 2016 Chrysler 200 from them for my wife. ------------ seemed like most of them could care less with my offer !!

2. 707hpcharger

707hpcharger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    11 dealers contacted, 5 selling at MSRP. The other 6 are $2500 to $5000 above MSRP.
    None seem to have a clear handle on allocations and order banks

3. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You should try another area. I contacted around 40 dealers and found a few with current allocation at MSRP for a Charger. Good luck and keep calling---8 is not enough. Orders are supposed to be off hold tomorrow.

4. Dr hellcat

Dr hellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a 2015 Phantom Black M6, BLK Laguna Leather, 8.4 upgraded NAV, slightly used 1300 miles, mint condition and garage kept 4 sale. Why wait for a 2016 an additional $3000 and get a shorter term warranty. If your a serious buyer than shoot me a reply. image.jpg

5. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciate that Dr hellcat but looking to buy a A8 ------------ by the way your car is beautiful !!

6. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is good news, and yes I will contact a bunch more dealers tomorrow now that I know the hold status will be lifted. Thank you !