No more Autos PERIOD, for 2015?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by JonWrong, Apr 15, 2015.

1. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just heard from my dealer, and I have seen two others post similar information. If your charger order has not gone into build status, you are not getting a charger for 2015. Likewise, challengers with autos are done. My dealer contact told me I could convert to a manual challenger for this year or roll my charger order over for 2016.

I wonder if the price is going up for 2016 and, if so, will they be honoring your 2015 rollover order price...

2. dave06srt

dave06srt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow if true this really sucks for all us charger orders. We only had the first month of orders before allocation rules started to change on us. Looks like the lucky few who recieved chargers have a collectible on their hands. Can't be more than a few hundred built. Hope this isn't true, we will see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers getting 10k more and up so what do you think about a price increase from FCA who is struggling?

4. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I believe about 650 chargers built I'm #629

5. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Check the popular thread 'No more Auto' may have the information you need.

6. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Funny I heard different...Staging for Chargers only appears to go thru April. What I saw on the screen was that my Charger was going in May.
    Like we've seen, more opinions less facts from FCA. Anything the dealers can do to drive the market up for additional ADM seems to be the chant of the day.

SO...YMMV (your mileage may vary) based on the dealer you are talking to

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. shaystoy

shaystoy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    RS stated that he was told all Chargers would be built. So unless something has greatly changed in a day or two, I'm not sure I would believe your dealer. They may have taken the news that A8 challengers would not be built and assumed it meant chargers too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here's to hoping that's the case!

9. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Like I said before. I'd be cautious about what dealers say. I would think they will do whatever they can to push a sale through and grab their 5-6k even at MSRP.

Someone saying "Tthere's an A-8 shortage and there is more available M6s" turns into "No more autos and change your order" so they can make the money.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We (especially me) appreciate all the posts and shared information. But I will say this... I can tell you, unequivocally, that my dealer is not playing games. The owner is a client. He and his sales manager, who I have been dealing with, are personal friends. They are not making any money off me and did not even require a deposit. He spoke to his Chrysler rep again this morning. (Of course, I cannot vouch for any nonsense or non-truths offered by FCA directly.)

The word is: There are no more autos, period (challengers or chargers). If your car is not passed a simple VON (like mine), then you will not be getting a 2015. I was offered a challenger manual. Otherwise, the order roll over/is re-entered for 2016, and 2015 cars will take priority. There has to be some truth to this as I am not the only one that has been offered a challenger manual. I hope the information is wrong. But I can assure you all, if it is, FCA is out lying yet again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Asmodeus097

Asmodeus097 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If I do get rolled to a 2016 part of me is annoyed and the other is fine with it. Since it's mid April and even if I got a VIN today it will be at least two months before I see the car. I'd be taking a 2015 right at the end of the model year...why not wait two more months and get in at the start of the 2016. Who knows, maybe they'll figure out how to put Adaptive Cruise Control and rain sensing wipers from the technology group back in. Not everyone loves those features but they were a big bummer to lose those for me. In the meantime, i'm enjoying driving my 6.4L @ 500hp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Priority? Seriously gonna fall for that one? They don't know what the word means. Priority to them has nothing to do with dates or time. Has to do with what suits them best.

Wait over 8 months to be told you have to wait another 4 just to get back in line? Nice product, but not worth the aggravation. I hope a bunch of people walk and don't look back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I do not wholly disagree, but there is nothing for me to walk away from. I do not have any money tied up in this thing. I was first in line, and my dealer was not able to deliver a single Hellcat. There is no question that Dodge has really done a poor job managing expectations and estimating demand. Again, my dealer has been awesome.

14. LForst

LForst Driver of Badassery

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just received a call from my dealer stating if I wanted to change mine to an m6 it would schedule otherwise it will be a 2016 model

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Tony

Tony Rookie