No More Kansas City Hellcats for 2015?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by PissedBoutHellcat, Jan 16, 2015.

1. PissedBoutHellcat

PissedBoutHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anybody heard of Chrysler canceling all dealer orders in the Kansas City area. I had my order in since 1st of November, got this in an email 2 days ago;

'Unfortunatly that is not the bad news. I was informed that all of our previous orders were cancled by chrysler and that we are not to take orders or reservations on the vehicle. Reason behind this that I have gathered is that we may only get one hell cat for the rest of the year and that is not even guarnteed. I spoke with our rep and he is thinking that chrysler is trying to get one hellcat to each dealer for 2015 but we do not know when we will have access to it or if we will have any say in how it is being built.
    So long story short i need to refund your money to you and apoligize as we are unable to get any of our other customers a hellcat now or even this year as it sounds. I could probably get your money back on your card during our business office hours of 9am to 4pm. I am planning on having one of them call you to refund you the money but wanted to talk to you about it first so you didnt think we just cancled your order for no reason."

I called another dealer and got a similar story about not being able to get any. This does not make since to me, if they are being built where are they going??

I am new to this forum, so if I should post this somewhere else please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought RS called bs on this??

3. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well I heard... RS is the one shutting off deliveries to KC. something about a bad order of ribs is what I heard. just ask Paladin, I heard he upset RS so the Godfather had his car put on hold, then had it involved in an "accident" and poor Paladin still hasn't recieved it yet. Yep, that's the facts I heard!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If that is true, there are over 2,000 Dodge dealers. Although one for every dealer sounds doable, so dealers as you may have read have already gotten more than one.

5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It could be that we have almost hit the production capacity of Brampton Plant for the model year based upon current Hellcat orders that are in the system.

Builds from September 2014 and model year extended to September 2015 instead of July 2015.

In the first week alone of USA ordering in September 2014, there were over 4,000 orders placed in. By December, this number was projected at 7,000+.

Granted, BramptonBuilder and RS could give more insight as they could very well increase the # of Hellcats being made at the plant so long as the supply line is established.

6. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would be careful. This could be one of those crooked Dealer tricks. Do you have a VON?

7. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, talk to Terry Mykins, Internet Manager, Overland Park Jeep Dodge Chrysler (just South of Kansas City). He was willing to order me a Hellcat to my specifications for MSRP yesterday.

9. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also sent you Terry's contact information in a PM.