No Plum Crazy after December?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by phil hunter, Dec 18, 2015.

1. phil hunter

phil hunter Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was told by a dealer that Plum Crazy would not be available to order after December of this year. Can anyone verify this? I understood that it would be available for the entire 2016 model year.

Phil

2. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That was my reason for ordering right out of the gate. I read this past July November December production and than its over for the 16 year and goes to mango. But could be wrong. But that was my initial read.

3. rick arrieta

rick arrieta Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

4. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand that purple is done in December. There are some available at dealerships.

5. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is what I read this past summer as well... Good for you guys that have a PCP... it will make it more rare and special when we all see one... next up Go Mango! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat ordering for December was from the 3rd to the 7th. Starts the 1st Thursday of the month and ends the following Monday. Plum Crazy is all done for the year.

What options are you looking for? My dealer has one coming in that is unspoken for. A8 and Sunroof are the only options. They sell for MSRP. That's where I got mine. Also has a B5/A8/Sunroof/Black Satin Hood inbound and unspoken for as well.

7. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who ever wants a Plum Crazy Challenger Hellcat A-8 with Leather and roof, PM me and I'll give you the details. My dealer has one at MSRP ready to go to a good home..

8. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Even though originally it was announced that Plum Crazy orders would be taken though the end of December the ordering system put the color as a restriction monday morning December 7th. My order got in on Friday the 4th so I made it before the cut off by 1 buisness day, thats what I call living on the ragged edge. Car is in D1 status with a scheduled build date of the week of 1/4/16. They are not messing around anymore from VON to build date in exactly one month

9. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Done on December 7.
    My wife knows someone who tried to order a plum crazy SRT late afternoon on the 7th.
    Was told there was a restriction but thankfully was able to pull some strings and got it pushed through with help.
    VIN received on Dec 9.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just made the cutoff as well - Dec 7th deposit / Dec 9th VIN. I'm glad the PCP color run will only be a four month stint. If you really want PCP - you better get a deal done soon - and if you want the A8 Bane and Kevin M posted MSRP leads above.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Challengerfarmer

Challengerfarmer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like it's true then. So happy I went out of state and got the first one I ran across at MSRP back in September. Is it just me or isn't it just a little ironic that the 2016 PCP Hellcats are all over and done with before we even get to 2016. Feel bad for the guys that really wanted PCP and thought they still had some time left to get one ordered. Grab the ones on the lot before it's too late!

12. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So begs the question... how many pcp charger & challenger hc's will be built for MY16? I'm sure we'll find out by this time next year but in the meantime anyone care to venture an educated guess? As with MY15, I'd bet the challengers far outnumber the chargers...

13. CPRHDSRT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are 540 Challenger HCs currently listed nationwide and 90 are PCP. Assuming that the entire inventory turns twice a month (aggressive) and the PCP production lasted 4 months (order banks open from Sept thru Dec), that would be 4 x 180 = 720 ish. So my guestimate would be 750 or less MY16 Challenger PCP HCs. Hoping ResumeSpeed and PLMCRZY are still willing to convey the MY16 production totals in about a year.

14. CPRHDSRT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like the current nationwide inventory listing shows M6 is about 33% and A8 is about 66%. So if that is representative of the entire production run, that would translate to approximately 250 M6 cars and 500 A8 cars.

15. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has a PCP ready to roll. They are located just outside Ann Arbor and Detroit. I confirmed that it is stay available to a good home. Apparently who ever the car was for something fell through for the guy. So its there waiting to be adopted. A-8, Leather, Roof, Satin Hood
    Private message me for details.. Wayne (Senderofan) just bought the Redline Red and he lives out of state. Read his review of the dealer!