No SUBLIME for me. Now what?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Monsterzero, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Which Exterior with a Satin Black Hood color would you choose

1. B5 Blue

42.2%
  2. Plum Crazy Purple

57.8%
  1. Monsterzero

Monsterzero Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am one of the many who will be getting a "voucher" for a 2016 Hellcat, since my order wasn't picked up this production year. I had ordered a SUBLIME Challenger, with a black satin hood, but that color is not going to be available in 2016.

My question is, what color should I get between B5 blue, with a satin hood or Plum Crazy with a satin hood?
    I know ultimately, it's my choice, but I'd like to get other's input to see what the consensus is.

Attached Files:

2. j_niko

j_niko Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dig the blue personally, but if you wanted sublime green, the Plum Crazy might be more your taste.

3. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you're lucky actually, don't have to ride around in the slow color. Go for PCP (just b/c I wanna see pics of it and I'm an only child so everything must be about me)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Monsterzero

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You know, at one point, I did like the plum Crazy color, when I was looking for a 1970 Roadrunner. But I don't think the black hood and black trim on a Hellcat Challenger will "pop" as much on the purple vs. the blue. That was why I really liked the contrast going with sublime green.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    PCP FTW!

6. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where did you order from? Small town? Which state?

7. Monsterzero

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered with BF, Ohio.

8. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a sublime car but my second choice was B5
    Personally I think it pops more than the purple.
    Hope you finally get a car Monster!!
    Good luck

9. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is a guy that frequents the local cruise ins that has a PCP Challenger RT with a black hood and black hockey stripe, and it is beautiful. True, it does not pop as brightly as it does on Sublime, but it looks SHARP. Have you considered Go Mango? It is a gorgeous color that also looks great with black, and is one of the 2016 colors. It is your car, therefore your decision, but you cannot go wrong with B5 or Plum Crazy. Winner either way!

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Monsterzero

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April. Funny thing is, I remember reading a post by you, where you said that you "die" a little when you see a B5 blue Chally, since you went with Dante instead. (I thought it was youo_O)

Anyway, it really made an impression on me not to go for a color that I'll possibly regret later. I know no one here can make that decision for me, but it's nice to hear other people's reasoning for their choice.

11. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When i bought my first Challenger (2009 SRT8), I wanted either B5 Blue or Plum Crazy. The dealership did a 500 mile search, and could not find the car in either color, so my choices were to take the TorRed they had on the lot, or order the car and wait for it to be built. I took the TorRed (named him Bane) because it had almost all of the options I wanted, and my husband promised me a paint job later. Late 2012, right after I paid the car off, I started getting estimates for a repaint, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw some of those prices. Marty then convinced me that instead of painting the car, we trade it in and start over with a new car warranty, because the Challenger 392 color choices for 2013 included the Jazz Blue I had been drooling over (they did not offer PCP or B5). So, I traded Bane in on Ozzy. I loved Ozzy ... I still love Ozzy. Truth be told, I am still more in love with Ozzy than I am with Dante. I had to think about why I am still so madly in love with Ozzy, and miss it so much, and I came to the conclusion that it is because I settled. I like Dante, certainly! But with Ozzy I had gotten every single option I wanted, and on Dante, I didn't. As I have said before, Redline is a pretty color ... I do not hate it, but it is not the color I wanted, and where I live Dante is one of hundreds of red Challengers (most of them v6).

Don't settle ... get what you want. If you have your heart set on Sublime, then my advise (I wish I had thought of this for myself) is to order your car in black, and get a Sublime paint job later. The reason I suggest black is so when you go to paint the car, you can leave the engine bay black and it will look fine no matter what color you end up choosing for the exterior of the car. I did not think of that, and it will be a much more expensive paint job because i will have to get them to pull the engine to paint the engine bay the same color as rest of the car.

April

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Where are the rules located?

13. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you are referring to the forum rules, they are in the New Member/Introduction section: New Member Introduction Site Assistance SRT Hellcat Forum the last sticky post at the top, titled Guidelines of Conduct for Hellcat.Org.

April

14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  15. j_niko

j_niko Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do miss my Deep Water blue....what a gorgeous color.

2010 Challenger.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1