Nobody Wants to Repair Wheel

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by goingsolo2, Nov 7, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I made the dreaded mistake of moving the car half asleep before a car show, so as to not wake up my neighbors, and curb rashed one wheel…about 1 inch long but I know it's there. So far, two wheel repair places refuse to touch it. Is it really that hard to color match? It has a damn paint code. Any suggestions would be great. I would rather stay away from replicas.

Anyone have any pictures with gloss black wheels on a granite Crystal Challenger? I might be open to powder coating all four.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh, I am so sorry to read this, goingsolo2 ... it is one of my big fears! I would powder coat them ... just me, though. I am about to powder coat all of mine because I have so many rock chips from the road leaving lil white pock marks in the paint. it is making me crazy!

April

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good call..maybe I'll just powder coat all of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone had their wheels powder coated? I'd love to see pics of the finish and sheen.

5. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A good shop will have a color chart plus plenty of examples for you to look at.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go to a big automotive paint supplier, Sherwin-Williams, Dupont, Sikkens, etc. They do so much work with body shops on problem paint matches that they can color match almost anything. They can mix small quantities, and even put it in aerosol cans. I had S-W custom color match something on an RV for me. It came out perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sucks. I hope to never have this happen but if it does, i have a warranty on my wheels for road rash.

8. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you read the post about a dealer curbing one of my rims then having a whole thing over it they gave me the curbed rim back for free. I dropped it off at my mechanic for my other SRT's and he sent it off to the wheel guy they use.

The wheel guy stated "It won't be 100% match but it will be nearly there"

It came back really good, Except the paint had a chip part where the center cap goes on. The paint had this chipping effect that would easily spread if it wasn't solved so it got sent back again yesterday.

9. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    005.jpg 006.jpg
    Gloss Black

• Like Like x 1
  10. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks very much for the pic. I decided to try another wheel guy. They are going to try and match the other three rims. If it's off a little, I'll just have them do the other three as well.