nOOb from MN

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by 86SN2001, Feb 11, 2016.

1. 86SN2001

86SN2001 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all,

I'm signing up for the forum early should I have any questions during my purchase. I've already started aggressively saving for a Hellcat Challenger and hope to purchase one in a year max. I've only decided that I have to have the 8-speed trans. All other options are up in the air. Even color is turning out to be a hard choice!

Currently (on land) I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (and I did it correctly and got the 5.7 V8) which I bought new just over a year ago. I absolutely love it. My first brand new vehicle and in 17k miles, I've yet to not thoroughly enjoy driving it.

That Jeep pulls my 1986 Ski Nautique 2001 (I know....a Ford V8, but it does sound good) and my 2014 Sea Doo Spark.

I am an avid follower of the auto industry and really do not have brand loyalty. There are automobiles I'd drive from all manufactures (although you'd really have to twist my arm to get me into a Ford).

Anyway, I'll probably be lurking around here for a while doing my best to get all my ducks in order to be able to comfortably afford a Hellcat. I just hope the dealer will want to play ball in January of '17 and not want to screw me over.

-Matt

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome!! I'm sure u will find all the info needed!!

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! I like a good car, no matter who the manufacturer is (although must admit that Chevy is last on my list). :)

April

4. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. You will find plenty of valuable information here. An added benefit.....tons of members with knowledge and experience.....willing to share.

Nice choice with your Jeep! Bought my wife a 2015 GC Summit with the Ecodiesel this past August. Really pleased with the whole package.....Jeep has certainly stepped up their game.

5. 86SN2001

86SN2001 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A Summit? Grrrrr..........I'm jealous!

I have wanted a Grand Cherokee since the 2011 redesign. The 2014 refresh made it perfect in my opinion with a much nicer interior being the biggest change. Jeep has elevated themselves with the Grand Cherokee to a class above Lincoln and I believe equal with Cadillac. Jeep is an interesting brand because they are not a luxury brand, they are not a performance brand, they are not a mainstream brand (Honda, Ford, etc), and they are not a entry level brand. YET, they somehow fill all of those categories in some way, shape, or form with strictly SUVs. SUVs built with FAR more capability than the average buyer needs. It amazes me that a brand that produces a vehicle so primitive that it has a small piece of nylon webbing to stop the door from opening too far also produces a vehicle like the Grand Cherokee that has damn near every gadget under the sun packed into it. I love everything Jeep is doing and has done over the past couple years. They are their own market.

And I cannot wait to sit back and watch as Ford tries their hardest to take a piece of that Wrangler pie with the upcoming Bronco. They do not stand a chance.

6. Gixer Jay

Gixer Jay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the club Matt!

7. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Matt from one of the Twn Cities members. We own our 7th Grand Cherokee now! Got to say it is our first V6. I barely agreed to it, but I don't drive it every day, and I have managed to stay married for 40 long ones with some minor compromises like this. But, paired with our ZF's little sister A8 that little thing is absolutely a blast to drive and it is so, so smooth. Those are great vehicles, especially when it is slick out. That smart automatic makes it feel like a much larger powerplant.

8. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well......The CFO of the family said she wanted brown or tan leather interior. The only vehicle I could find in the surrounding five or six states was a Summit with the Dark Sienna and black interior. So.......knowing we would be adding a Hellcat to the family in the very near future....I decided to spend the extra $$$$$ for the Summit. We didn't really need / want much of the added features that the Summit comes with as standard. After the fact...my wife really likes the air ride suspension, heated steering wheel, turning headlights and is absolutely crazy for the adaptive cruise. I love the little turbo diesel engine and its fuel economy..... I also take comfort knowing she's safe with the sophisticated AWD.

Keep on your savings strategy......that year or less will pass very quickly. Then you can enjoy the magic of the Cat :)

9. BeBeep

BeBeep SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum and I hope you get a Hellcat soon. Please never use the word "Chally" again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the website

11. 86SN2001

86SN2001 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Noted and Fixed! :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. BeBeep

BeBeep SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you!!! :)

13. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum. I am sure you will get all the information you need here. We have some great very helpful people here. Good luck with your buy and get you a good dealer to work with.

Chuck

14. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and good luck finding your cat