Not getting my hopes up yet

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by rubbel, Apr 27, 2015.

1. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I, like so many others, searched for a Hellcat at MSRP from multiple dealers. I have a VON at MSRP and am currently 3rd on the list. They received 2 allocations for April but mine is an A8 so.....

Tonight I came home late to a message from a different dealer 45 minutes away saying they have an unspoken for Hellcat that will arrive in the next few days and to call.

I do not know anything more but hoping perhaps I will be one of those lucky ones whose perseverance contacting multiple dealers several months ago will pay off in a new Hellcat.

Left a message tonight and will call early tomorrow for all the info - price first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i got a call last week with a dealer with a HC that i contacted in Dec 2014

if you contact enough of them you will get calls for months after....i still get 2-3 a month

if your trying and your not getting these calls your not trying hard enough

good luck! odds are they called 20 people though...i would drive to the dealership tonight if i were you with my check book

3. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck, my friend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just received email on this car.

TorRed Charger
    Sepia Laguna Leather
    Harmon Kardon Stero
    Sunroof
    Nav
    Summer Tires
    MSRP $ 70,865
    They added Zxillon paint protection for $ 799 more

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope it's true and you are able to get it. Sounds awesome! Of course, I am partial to TorRed! Good luck!

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Van dyke dodge in Warren Michigan has a red line charger hellcat in there website...May be with a call,, talk to Bill reed,, tell him I told you to call...Good luck

7. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Update - I called the dealer - Citrus Chrysler - in Dade City, FL. first thing this morning. I explained I had commitments for today working on my race car - a 1500 HP challenger and would try to stop in later this afternoon. He agreed that was fine. Ten minutes later he called back to say there was someone in the showroom who wanted to purchase the car. If I put $ 500 deposit on my CC the car was mine. I did just that. Finally at around 6:30 PM I made it to the dealership, signed the paperwork, and looked at the car. A beautiful TorRed Charger.
    I will call my insurance agent in the morning and go pick up the car immediately after. I paid MSRP.
    This car was ordered the first day Charger order banks opened by a well known local person. He was apparently a hard core Mopar fan very excited about the Hellcat.
    After ordering the car he developed cancer. The car arrived at the dealer yesterday - the same day he passed away due to the cancer.
    The dealer had remembered talking with me a several months back and contacted me that day. The gentleman who ordered the car was never able to see it in person.
    I feel extremely lucky to have my search pay off in a beautiful new car at MSRP. The dealership had 2 window stickers and asked if they could present one to his widow - of course I said yes. Perhaps in time I can meet her and take here out for lunch. Will just have to wait and see.
    This is a small dealer in a rural Florida town and they do not expect to get another Hellcat as their customer base are not interested in the performance cars. They were glad to find a buyer so quickly and I was glad to meet a great group of people at their dealership. Several people stopped in today to take pictures of the car they had heard about.
    The dealer thinks this is one of two Hellcat Chargers delivered in Florida but I cannot verify.
    This is one more example of perseverance looking for your car can pay off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well good for you. Your story should serve well to those on the fence about buying. You cant take it with you.