Nothing less will do....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bossharp, May 17, 2015.

1. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Since I found out about the Hellcat in November I have been researching and reading all I can about them. .Now even looking at a 'normal' SRT Challenger with a MSRP of over $50,000.00 just doesn't seem to be exciting anymore. Knowing that the very best, fastest muscle car of all time can be had if you want it bad enough makes all lesser cars. ..less. When I look at SRT's that would have made me completely satisfied in October I cannot help but think that for just a little bit more I could have the Hellcat. Even though I know in my heart it would be a whole lot more to the point where it doesn't make financial sense for me to get one for at least 2 years. For me nothing but the Hellcat will do. I'll wait however long it takes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. c_u_in_hell

c_u_in_hell Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Absolutely agree.

3. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I know exactly what you mean. Since I've been exposed to the Hellcat last year, I too have been on a quest to get one. It all started back in 2004 when I bought my R/T magnum. Little did I know there was an SRT8 in the making, so I unknowingly bought my R/T. And over the years I've encountered many SRT8 Magnums, so you can say there was a little bit of envy, resentment and jealously going on whenever I saw one or knew of someone that had one. Now with the Hellcat being a reality, I feel that it's the top of the food chain in muscle cars that I feel obliged to getting one to make up for my past mistake.

But, it goes a lot deeper than that. For years I've looked for a car that I could truly enjoy and not have to worry about future-proofing it. So many European car makers out there are producing these technological marvels that have power and speed, but never really had the "wow" factor. Most have impressive horsepower and quick acceleration, but I've always felt the price points were never right. I mean really, you're basically paying for the name brand exclusivity. Well, good old American Dodge has broken that mold, and is offering their Hellcat with similar luxuries, and twice as much horsepower, but without the premium price.

So with that said, I'm really looking forward to spending the next decade or two with my Hellcat.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, the hellcat is and will go down in history as one of the greatest,, no let's pray they don't make to many of them , so they keep there wow factor

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes keep it low and enjoy them now I think they'll still have wow factor even after Ford and Chevy reveal their answers to the hellcat. I can't pull up to a light without someone wooing over the car. You could spend 3x the amt on another car and I guarantee you wouldn't get a fraction of the attention these things get

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree,,I just don't want to pull up to the light and look over and see another hellcat... I like what Iacocca said when he was making the prowler, he said I never want to see one of these on the used car lot...I hope Chrysler does the same

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think the Hellcat will be dethroned anytime soon as the King of muscle cars. What I am hoping for is production of the motor will be dramatically increased and will be a option for the 300, Ram and the Jeep. If Dodge does that it will mean I and others will have a real chance to order a 2017 at somewhere close to MSRP. I think it would be the best thing they could do for the brand! It can't cost that much more to make the 6.2..

8. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    exactly

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I really really hope they DON'T start putting them in everything,, then it will lose it's uniqueness...it will be like oh look another hellcat car,, and there is another, look, there is a hellcat dart...not a good idea..

10. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Keep it simple and keep em where they r

11. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Funny you should mention that... As of a few days ago, Dodge has authorized the steady production of their builds during the summer months, to keep up with production. While other car makers shut down their plants during the summer, Dodge is busy trying to keep up with the demand...

Just check out this sarticle:

Challenger Charger Engine Transmission Plants to Run All Summer - Torque News

• Like Like x 1
  12. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup!

13. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I started to look at making a Hellcat and it just can't be done even for $80,000.00 . So much is right with it from the factory the transmission, suspension, brakes, tuning, tires it really is the complete package. . It's a new concept in the automotive industry. It doesn't need anything! How can you improve it? I read last night that 85% of Hellcat owner will 'immediately' swap wheels and tires but even that is bunk. About all I think the vast majority of Hellcat owners will modify is cosmetic details. .Simply because it is so right now. Because of all the the waiting, high cost ,dishonest stealerships, difficulties in ordering even it is a long hard road to get your Hellcat..But truly like 99% of owners say it's worth the wait . I will wait on buying a new car till I'm able and can get a Hellcat.Color, options, Challenger or Charger even now doesn't matter that much. .

14. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'll probably be one of those people that makes a few cosmetic changes to mine, once i get it. But, it will be a progressive change, and not something over night. I certainly want to go with simple 5 spoke 22s, lowered an inch, and tinted windows. That's about the extent of what I'd do to it. Everything else comes standard on the car.

15. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    U r right these cars are awesome even stock you will love it when u get it

• Agree Agree x 1