Now I know what they mean

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by solo7777, Mar 31, 2015.

1. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Earlier,
    Some owners commented that after their first oil change, their CAT seemed louder and more responsive. Well, it seemed to have happened to me too, however, I'm at around 6,500 mi. I can't really attribute it to the oil change ( I did mine close to 5,000 and a wheel rotation at 5,200), but all of a sudden, it seems louder and more responsive (throttle). It is in full street mode, but seems to kick more ass now. Maybe an extended type break in, everything is seated nicely, everything humming along well, I have no idea, but I know I'm not imagining it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they turned on the "go" button under the hood when they put the new oil in. It allows the supercharger to make boost.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope it don't take 5000 to open up, my car will be going on its third year of ownership

4. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just drive the stupid thing, lol..

Mine opened up within the first 1500 miles.. and it seemed like a bit more around 3000. And then boost seemed to build quicker with the K&N filter at 4000 miles.

• Like Like x 1