NOWEEDS Exhaust Diverter System Successfully Installed on Challenger HC

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Builds' started by pushnw8, Oct 22, 2015.

1. pushnw8

pushnw8 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got the call that my NOWEEDS bolt on diverter system has been successfully installed on my HC Challenger. It is currently being loaded on the dyno right now so I will be posting some video and pictures of the install shortly.
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't wait to hear them bro.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With zero explanation, I had to google that stuff.

LOL, good luck with that. 4X the cost of DMH electric cutouts, more labor involved, and what look to be very large dumps, it's a crazy investment.

I ran DMH oval box cutouts on my old Mag SRT8 and they sounded amazing (no mechanical issues or defects either). My car was lowered on adjustable coilovers, so I needed the lower profile oval box setup. But I lost about 20% of my low end torque, so be ready for that. You will feel it immediately. From a stop you had to bump the gas pedal a bit to get the car to begin to roll. I likened it to rolling over a speed bump at a low speed, it needs a little "oomph" to get over the hump. We tested it on the dyno open and closed and saw a significant amount of low end torque loss with them open. I would imagine the effect will be as dramatic or moreso on a Hellcat.

I loved the sound, my wife and neighbors hated it. It quite literally sounded like a NASCAR driving by. I got them because I thought I'd enjoy the freedom of closing them when in my neighborhood or if I saw a cop. Truth is, you'll never end up closing them once you're used to them. It's like saying "I'm glad I've got the black key in case i don't feel like being Speed Racer" how often have you used your black key?

4. MaxxMuscle

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They might be 4x the cost of DMH electric cutouts,but its apples to oranges Bandit.Noweeds is the top of the line in exhaust diverters.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I'm one that has no issue spending extra coin on "the best", but I see nothing here that's any better, or at least that would justify the cost.

I don't see it being any more reliable (based on my own experience, having no issues at all with DMH, nor any of my friends)
    I don't see it being more practical (this system looks much larger and heavier)
    I don't see it being easier to live with (I don't want to hunch over in my seat to access a panel at the front of my seat, I had a rocker switch next to me on the side of my shifter console).

No doubt that its a nice setup, but its not 4X nicer. And forget about the additional labor costs I see from watching their step by step video.

6. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Be careful, could be a problem because of the lack of backpressure on the SC engine
    Keep an eye on it for a bit

• Like Like x 1
  7. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's cat back you'll likely see a performance impact but several cutouts installed I've not seen a car problem yet, and resonators and mufflers removed no problems. I've had noweeds components, build quality finish work, welds, tubes, walk away from any others, qtp, dmh etc. Imo. Can't wait to see pics.

If you can, measure lowest point to ground interested in clearance thanks.

8. pushnw8

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No issues whatsoever and the sound is amazing!! Bandit this system differs as it totally dumps your exhaust and doesn't allow anything to exit the rear like traditional cutouts. I've only owned QTPs on my 09 RT, 10 SRT, & 11 392 and they always leaked. My installer said this was the easiest install he has ever done as he didn't have to weld only cut & bolt on. I will be posting pictures tomorrow after they sort through them and email them to me. And I'm about to place some ammunition for the naysayers I posted a 25 HP gain!! They stated they had never seen this done with a dump system. I will also be posting the dyno sheet. Also I opted for a
    discreet button you don't have to go with the setup they have on their site.
    image.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. pushnw8

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will try to get that done if Fluid didn't do it. I will check with them in the AM.

10. MaxxMuscle

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the update pushnw8.I talked to Tallcool about the noweeds and was on the fench about getting them from Steve,but I think u just made up my mind.Looking forwared to more pics and a sound clip.I bet ur gald u did not sell them :p.

11. pushnw8

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I sure am!! I'm trying to upload a quick video I shot with my phone not the greatest though.

12. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't wait to see your video and share on our FB HC page

13. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

The actuators used on the noweeds are probably 5 times more mechanically robust and longer lasting than the QTP, DMH, etc.

The actuator is a screw type linear actuator and this allows the electric motor to be further away from the heat.

The noweeds setup is the best one out there. Ask any builder who has used all of them, they will all tell you the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. pushnw8

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After two ****** hours of trying to upload a video to YouTube I finally did it I think?o_O

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Luv it, I want to go that way as well with the M6, so obviously no codes or anything?
    Will you be doing any data logging, to confirm all is good with engine?