Observations of the first week

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Fireman512, May 11, 2015.

1. Fireman512

Fireman512 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have started to love driving again!

It's not that I totally gave up on driving, but things had gotten pretty stale as of late. Well, my new beast has really made a big change in the daily routine. I have just about finished the break in period and I think once that is done, things will get very interesting from here on out. Just wanted to post a couple of notes for those that are either waiting for their cars to be built or just waiting for delivery.

1. These monsters are worth the wait. The fun factor that you get from driving 700+hp can't be quantified. I find myself making up reasons to drive the car. It doesn't matter how big or small the reason, I am always grabbing my keys to go for a ride. My wife had to laugh at me and tell me that it has never been this easy to get me to run an errand for her! (More bonus points for me!!:D)

2. The break in period is torture! I am finding it harder and harder to be good the closer I get to the end of the break in. The car has its own ideas about how fast is fast enough. I'll be moving at a clip that the car thinks is 'comfortable' and realize that I need to take it down a notch. 500 miles can't come quick enough!

3. I also find that I have to leave a little extra room between myself and the car ahead of me because there is always someone on my tail trying to get a better look. I had a relatively short trip on the expressway a few days ago and I had no less than 8 cars pull right up on my bumper! I know our brakes are good, but I am not so sure about everyone else.o_O

Feel free to post any other observations that you guys and gals have experienced.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    All I can say is.....soon, real soon

3. Fireman512

Fireman512 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Make sure you prep prior to pick up. Do a whole lot of facial exercises. The last thing you want to do is pull a muscle in your face from smiling too hard!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 03MachMe

03MachMe Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    my observation is that I hate all of you. someday... someday lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Been a month haven't stopped smiling

• Like Like x 1
  6. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    7,100+ miles on the Challenger and 2,700+ miles on the Charger and we're still loving every time we drive the cars... they're amazing machines. :) Dare I say you get used to the power, but it still puts a smile on my face and impresses me no less.

• Like Like x 2