OEM Hellcat Rim Options? Looking for suggestions...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by 1FSTCAT, Mar 27, 2015.

1. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, I've got my stock rims that I replaced with the hyper black set I was able to swap with another SRT owner. He got the matte black set (OEM) that I bought off eBay so I still have mine to resell or basically do whatever I want.

I listed them on eBay and got a lot of low ball offers (2k) and there's no way I'm letting them go for that price with the tires and sensors. The silver is not that popular so I'm looking for powder coating suggestions as a 2nd set or reselling them.

I went to three different coaters to try and match the OEM hyper black....not happening, it's really not like any other OEM hyper black so they all agree it would be something custom and the OEM finish appears to be painted. They're sending for a hyper silver sample that actually appears closer to the Dodge OEM hyper black.

So...should I just coat them gloss black and list them to resale? Seems the gloss black is pretty popular.

Look at brass, copper, gold finishes? Is that too risky? Sure seems like brass monkey is highly sought after but they also said that was a painted finish and basically a matte gold would be close, but a bit brighter...maybe tint the clear?

Or just go something unique and keep them? Sell the hyper black set? I really like them, but I'm sure I can create another setup I like as well and be different.

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    man lot of decisions to make. i thought about copper or brass bronze, not sure about the gold but i'm sure it would look good. i wouldn't put any more money onto the rims if you're gonna get rid of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My friend tried to copy the brass monkey and it didn't work I think he is going to redo them here is a pic. image.jpg

4. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just sell/trade me the hyper black rims for my stock rims....whenever I get my Cat, and then you can experiment until your heart's desire with the stock rims traded. :D

5. Whadat1970

Whadat1970 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went with American Racing Troq-Thrust M all the way around FIT GREAT and looks MEAN.... Old School with a Modern Twist!!

6. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :) No - my least favorite rim is the matte black, followed by the brass monkey. After seeing the brass monkey in person it is really too dull/muted of a rim color...looks good on a white car, but that's about it...just my opinion. If I do let go of the hyper blacks it will be to sell them out right as now I know exactly how rare and hard to duplicate...at least for now. Someone will duplicate the process, but it won't be OEM.

Anyways - I think I'm down to gloss black, black chrome, or this copper penny look...I think that would look awesome against black...that would likely get me to depart with the hyper black set.

20 HRE Wheels Dodge Challenger Fitment Copper Penny Finish eBay

7. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you ever post any pics?

8. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah that didn't turn out so good...kind of a muddy gold antique look. I'm certainly going to see actual samples before I pull the trigger...too many variables to guess at this.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Buy a brass monkey center cap and give it to the person/company coating the wheels. Tell them you're not paying for the wheels until they match the center cap.