Oem HiD bulbs

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by hellzya, Mar 19, 2016.

1. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The bulbs in the 15/16 hellcats are a Ds3 type Hid. Can any one confirm the oem brand and kelvin? I assume OSRAM 4K but cant find this info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rrroscoe

rrroscoe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am interested in this topic also

3. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    In my opinion they are a bit higher than most OEM HID bulbs - probably somewhere between 4500K-4900K. I never swapped the bulbs in my 392, but in my 2013 Charger and 2014 Jeep SRT they used OSRAM - likely the same story here. Would be easy to check - just pop the caps off and take a peek inside :).

If you are looking to upgrade, the Morimoto D3S bulbs are the absolute highest quality aftermarket bulbs available - and only $70 for a pair.

If you want the cream of the crop, get the OSRAM CBI - about $170-$200 depending on vendor, but MAKE SURE YOU BUY FROM A REPUTABLE VENDOR. Lots of fakes going around online.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much brighter are the OSRAM CBI's Nitemare?

5. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Depends on the OEM of the bulb. If OSRAM, brightness is pretty much the same - but the big difference is, rather than warm light, CBI's (once broken in after hours of use) turn pure white (5000K-5500K range) - more visually appealing, and potentially better contrast for perceived brightness increase. So why pay the premium for CBI when you can buy "cooler" colored bulbs much cheaper? Because as you buy whiter or bluer bulbs, their lumen output decreases fairly substantially. CBI are special as they were developed to maintain optimal brightness while looking good doing it. There is no other bulb on the market like them.

OSRAM does make Nightbreaker bulbs which are the brightest available, but they are a warmer color.

6. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    If anyone would like to get some CBI bulbs, I have an extra barely used set... they're on the verge of being broken in. I'd guess they have somewhere around 50-70 hours on them. Beats waiting 6+ months of driving to reach that number for the best brightness and improved color.