Off of the show room floor

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Jerrt trapp, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jerrt trapp

Jerrt trapp Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WE have had a lot of trash talking going on about who beat who and who was the fastest.Take a Hellcat,a ZL1Camaro and a Mustang GT,no mods other than drag radials and lets go to the track.I not trying to stir up any more $hit than we already had on a post that went 25 pages,Im saying stock,no mods except the tires and see who comes out on top.there are Cats running in the 9s and I bet we see some get close to the 8s, but they wont be stock.There has been a tremendous amount of bragging going on about Hellcats being beaten at the track by cars that are not stock,that is not apples to apples.It is not a Hellcat owners problem that Dodge put 700+ under the hood,but if you take you modified car and beat 1,what have you accomplished;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I say do them all with the factory tires and the same inexperienced but over confident driver for a real world test.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jerrt trapp

Jerrt trapp Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All that would do is be a smoke fest.o_O

4. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In real world times the only domestic new car out that can take on the Hellcat is the C7 Z06 a8.

5. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Run street tires that come on the car. My 2015 viper with stock tires will eat a hellcat on the street. I have a hellcat on order so I am not a hater, but the drag radial thing is NOT a stock car . Run it like it came off the show room floor. I would love to see head to head results on all the cars in this class. I am sure alot of people would be supprised. I would bet a auto scat pack would be equally quick on the street. :)

6. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I forgot about the Vipers what do they run in the quarter?

7. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Low 11s on stock tires. The roll on with them is insane . Power to weight is incredible 1000lbs lighter than a hellcat. They are not a muscle car but more of a track AKA super car. We need to compare apple to apples. Hellcat VS ZL1 or GT500 .

8. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If that were true, why would Dodge even produce the Hellcat? If they made a car that's $30k less expensive that goes just as fast, then that would make no sense.

No, a ScatPack cannot match a Hellcat. Sorry. 220 more hp is still 220 more hp no matter how you slice it.

9. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with you I am just saying it there are a lot of capable cars that run really well now days. The 707 is incredible but its what you can effectively put down and hook up with that will win the race along with power to weight. In a short distance street type race huge HP numbers wont be the total solution. I wish dodge would have been able to put more tire on these cars in back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Apples to apples is not a ZL1 or GT500. They're not in the same league any longer.

We must be compared to other cars that do 0-60 in the low 3's and can hit 200mph.

That's the range of GT-R, Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spider 16M, Jaguar F-Type R, Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino, and BMW M4. We are also notably quicker than than the Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Targa 4S, and Mercedes E63 AMG Sedan.

LOL. You probably should have done a little more research. The Hellcat hits 0-60 in 3.4-3.6 seconds (depending on review source or driver reports) and the 15 Viper does it in 3.3 seconds. Hardly "eating" a Hellcat.

Our 1/4 mile times are well documented here, and are within 2/10th of the Viper stock for stock. Again, hardly "eating" a Hellcat.

I'd call that running even to "edging out" a Hellcat.

Now throw a corner into the equation and it's a different story. That's how Dodge justifies making a more powerful car than their HALO car... they're made for different purposes. Muscle cars are not made for racing on the same tracks as a sports car or exotic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you are totally correct . I was trying to compare the previous comment about the z06 not beings apples to apples.

12. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I raced a stock auto zl1 on its factory tires and my hellcat 6spd on factory tires at the drag strip. I one but forget the times. Neither were great but it was straight apples to apples.

13. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It seems you guys are all one trick ponies . There is no doubt the car is fast as hell on a drag strip and with drag radials . Put your stock tires on it go out on the street and see how it is . No prep no burn outs . If you want to compare this car to these uber expensive super cars then do so for what they were designed for. Mix it up drag, turn , slolum ,stop . You guys are totally missing my point . A hellcat is a straight line muscle car brute Hp. It however is not unbeatable a M6 car against say a Cadillac Ctsv you better do everything right or your toast . If you have a 4500 lb car that doesn't start really cooking until the 1/8 mile due to shitty 60ft times your not going to do so hot. I had a 750hp MR Norms challenger with a kenne bell 2.8 so I do know a thing or two about these types of cars . With that said I can't wait to get my 2016 hellcat.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I disagree. It matters not what the car is capable of doing...its comparing it to a similar car in it's class regardless of it's capability. I see no reason to compare a 4500 lbs honest 4 passenger muscle car to a 2 seater sports car like a Ferrari. To even be compared to a C7 Z06 is an AMAZING feat as I honestly rate that car as probably the best all around bang for your buck you can buy as it does everything. Its even a stretch to toss a Mustang or Camaro in with a Challenger.

Ask people of the older SRT's they mostly say the same thing back when we were sniffing tailpipes in a SRT to their ZL1 of GT500: yeah - they may be a bit faster, but I am still damn fast, it handles great for what I need, and me and my 3 buddies can toss 4 bags of clubs in the trunk and drive 4 hrs to golf in comfort. I will gladly give up a few tenths in the 1/4 to have that. To me, the cars were always kind of in a class of their own and that is getting more and more pronounced IMO

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

When comparing performance cars of any kind, they are categorized by performance, not seating capacity or number of doors actually. One such example is the classification of Supercar vs Hypercar. The differentiation lies only in the differences in price and the car's performance. A sportscar can be a Supercar or a hypercar based solely on those criteria. If the sports car were say, a Miata, then the performance and the pricetag do not allow for it to be categorized in that class. Remember just a couple of years ago when Chevy released the ZR1... it surpassed everything else in its class and was classified as a supercar. I believe it was the lowest priced supercar in existence if I'm not mistaken.

All other Challengers aside from the Hellcat should be compared to other pony cars or musclecars because they share all of the same basic criteria. Large, heavy, 4 passenger capacity, similar performance among similar trim levels. But the Hellcat takes the performance to such a high level, it can no longer be classified with any Camaro or Mustang. Next year however, the GT500 will be re-released and most certainly WILL be classified alongside us because they plan to surpass all of our numbers (both in power and in performance), and the pricetag will be even higher.