[OFFICIAL] Ironside Hellcat DELIVERY DAY EXPERIENCE!!! (lots o' pics)

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Ironside, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The day has finally arrived!

I realize that my wait wasn't as long as some of you and, while I couldn't be happier my 'Cat has arrived after 105 days of waiting, I can't help but feel bad for those of you still left in the trenches for your number to be called. Before starting my initial impressions and review, I wanted to start by acknowledging those that are still in limbo, still checking the forum each day for a glimmer of ResumeSpeedy type news... YOUR DAY WILL COME (to those with a VIN at least) and IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Don't lose hope! Don't buy a Vette! WAIT for this car and do WHATEVER it takes to make it happen! That being said, I cannot describe how quickly the allure of the "Breaking News" thread completely dropped away today (if anything, checking that thread now just reminds me of anxiety and stress... LOL)

Anyway, on to my story... I hope you're sitting down!

I received a phone call from my salesperson at 10:29am this morning to say "THE TRUCK JUST PULLED UP! GET DOWN HERE!!!" - I FLEW to the dealership in my trusty orange 392 and arrived JUST in time! My car was one of TWO Hellcats being unloaded from the car carrier; 1 sublime Challenger (mine) and 1 red Charger (unsold?)

The Charger was said to be a stock order and it did not have a name on the window sticker. As it would turn out, mere minutes after arrival a salesperson came running outside and declared that the Charger was scooped up via phone call from a buyer in eastern Canada. It would later be shipped out to its new home later that day.

The truck driver backed my Challenger off the truck EVER so slowly and it did not scrape or anything. As soon as all four tires were on the pavement, he turned to me and said "here, it's your car, I'll bet YOU would like to drive it over to the parking lot!" (it was being unloaded on the road out front).

Obviously, I jumped at the chance and sat behind the wheel for the very first time in my dirty, un-prepped Hellcat but still couldn't be more elated!

2015-04-14 10.42.35.jpg 2015-04-14 11.02.29.jpg

Let me tell ya; this car drew a CROWD!!! From the second that truck pulled up, a group of approx. 10+ people appeared as if from NOWHERE, whipped out camera phones and started taking pictures and videos. When they found out I was the lucky owner, I was grilled with questions left and right (and pestered with tired old quips about how "they would gladly take the car off my hands" or "do you need a personal driver?"

The envy in the air was palpable, as though the 'sublime green' was somehow manifesting itself in the physical universe as pure jealousy! I just felt honoured to be receiving such a GIFT! I can tell you that at first sight, you understand how fitting the name "sublime" is for this paint job as that is the best way to describe what you're feeling just standing there looking at this work of art!

Next stop, PDI. The vehicle had a grand total of three (3) KM on the odometer - PERFECT! I was there every step of the way and was the only one to drive it. The dealership was a pretty good sport and let me and my salesperson take the car for her first fill-up (premium dude, PREMIUUUUMMM!!!)

2015-04-14 11.20.08.jpg 2015-04-14 11.19.30.jpg 2015-04-14 11.19.47.jpg 2015-04-14 12.28.59.jpg
    2015-04-14 13.30.10.jpg

I checked the car over as closely as I could and after giving it the Ironside seal of awesome-tastical-icity, I released her for her first bath! No ugly paint globs, weird panel issues or anything that I could detect; SHE'S PERFECT!

Finally, a bit later in the day after returning from lunch, filling out paperwork and what-not, the time had come! I took the following images to capture the sad hand off of my beloved 392, into the consoling arms (bucket seats?) of my new love... the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat!

A bunch of family members showed up to see the new arrival, my Dad bringing his SRT Jeep and my mom bringing her SRT Charger - many would comment that we turned a simple delivery into what looked like a car show!

2015-04-14 16.59.40.jpg 2015-04-14 17.00.04.jpg 2015-04-14 17.00.18.jpg 2015-04-14 17.00.59.jpg 2015-04-14 17.01.13.jpg 2015-04-14 17.01.30.jpg
    2015-04-14 17.01.39.jpg 2015-04-14 17.02.00.jpg

To my dad, this day was particularly sweet because his first car he ever owned was a 1970 Challenger R/T 440 six-pack in sublime; seeing this beauty 45 years later brought back some awesome memories.

TO BE CONTINUED:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 11
  2. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IRONSIDE'S SUPER FUN CAT FILLED DAY OF AWESOME CONT'D:

Here's me with my new baby, followed by a proud picture of me and my dad with our respective SRT's flanking us like trusty horses... hehe... what an amazing day this was! (and YES, first thing tomorrow i'm removing those ugly "Windsor Chrysler" licence plate covers and putting clear ones on!!!)

2015-04-14 17.51.32.jpg 2015-04-14 17.52.16.jpg

Obviously, once the papers had been signed off and I was given the ULTIMATE POWER IN THE UNIVERSE!!! I had to take the obligatory shot of the hand of KEYS! Now I know how GOD feels when HE holds Hellcat keys!

2015-04-14 18.28.52.jpg

Final pic of "SLIMER" sitting in my friend's driveway; I did a nice tour of duty today as EVERYONE wanted to see and ride in the car! Since i'm following break-in to the letter, I provided a LOT of really boring test rides (people were impressed none-the-less)

2015-04-14 19.59.39.jpg

I can say that my initial impressions are, as you probably guessed, really REALLY good!!! I haven't pushed the car AT ALL, not even ONCE! This is taking ALL of my willpower as I want to hear the supercharger SCREAM but have yet to have the pleasure!

Fit and finish is great, new car smell is always amazing! The radio and SRT pages are LIGHTNING fast, they must have fixed whatever issue was affecting earlier cars.

I noticed today that the exhaust sounds louder/more aggressive with the RED key fob, which is kinda cool!

I ALSO found out that if you receive text messages, the 8.4" screen will read them to you and if you're stopped, you can display them on the screen in the car; VERY COOL!

I will leave you now with a quick little video of me arriving at home for the first time. My brother-in-law was on hand with his smart phone and took a quick clip of a couple little baby revs.

Over the next little while, expect more videos and impressions. This car was worth the wait and THEN some!

***DON'T MISS THE 'DAY 2 UPDATE' HERE!!!*** (link below)

OFFICIAL Ironside Hellcat DELIVERY DAY EXPERIENCE lots o pics Page 3 SRT Hellcat Forum

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 7
  3. Rock Petrick

Rock Petrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thankyou for the Hope and Inspiration!
    Have Fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations Ironside. Very nicely put together. I'm very happy for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bobby D

Bobby D Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations Ironside ;) Great photos and video I know you been waiting a long time I'm glad you finally got your Cat now go put 500 miles on that BABY and pinned it to win it ;) !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WhooHoo times two!

• Like Like x 1
  7. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    don't hold back. it's ok to show a little excitement.
    congrats on the new arrival.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh my god I want my car
    Nice choice
    I think I might cry when my day arrives
    Ron
    ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so jealous

• Like Like x 1
  9. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh I'll be sleeping in mine first night it's home
    Probably to much info but who cares
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
  10. TOPDAWG

TOPDAWG Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats to you. Looks like you had a great day!! Beautiful car. Looks who's sporting the Samsung watch!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I must say when you posted that you had a delivery date soon after your car was built, I was jealous as my car was and still is, in J status for 2+ weeks. That being said, I am truly glad you took delivery of your Hellcat. Your excitement is very apparent and am glad you were able to share it with your family. You did a great job on the post and pics and actually helps me a little with the angst that I am having (4-6 weeks in J status possible?) Great job, congrats and keep the posts and pics coming IS!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations Ironside. Glad your stress and worries are now over.

I do find it amazing a car built a week ago can be delivered, whiles others (such as mine!) built 3-4 weeks ago are still another week from delivery! Crazy!

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with you Opack, they told me at SRT it's probably the different options. They think we are stupid! told me J could be 4-6 weeks

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz!!!! I can feel your excitement in every word you typed, and I am happy for you! Drive safely, and have a wonderful time with the new Cat!

April

• Like Like x 2
  15. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!!! I hope to be right behind you on delivery this week. I want my cat. Been at work 3am the past 3 days because I can't sleep. Talk about anxiety!!!
    Good luck with it.
    L J

• Funny Funny x 1