Oh snaps cquartz and reload just came in for my hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Carnage, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Didn't know cquartz was made in Japan and the reload from South Korea.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It may be too late for you to worry about the hand protection warning. Not familiar with either. What is your recommendation on these?

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm no expert, only basing what I researched and what few other members recommended. Some have cquartz done by pros already but spend above $1000.

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What kind of cquartz did you get??

5. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ceramic Quartz

6. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was quoted 850-950 (of course it will be 950)

This is what he is going to be doing..

Included Services

1. Tires are scrubbed with a degreasing agent to remove all dirt, road grime, and previously applied dressings.
    2. Wheel faces, inner barrels, and lug nuts are deep cleaned and decontaminated using a pH neutral solution and a variety of task specific brushes.
    3. Wheel wells are cleaned, degreased, rinsed, and treated with a conditioner to ease future cleaning.
    4. Bug remains, tar, and road grime is treated with a strong, yet paint friendly cleanser.
    5. A one step paint decontamination safely removes embedded iron particles.
    6. License plates removed, for a more thorough cleaning.
    7. The vehicle is foamed with a gentle citrus degreaser to help loosen and encapsulate dirt, and to remove any oils or waxes.
    8. A proper full vehicle two bucket hand wash is performed using a pH neutral high lubricity shampoo, and then fully rinsed.
    9. Vehicle is dried with plush premium microfiber drying towels, and a forced air blower to remove trapped water from tight spaces.
    10. A claybar and lubricant are used to remove embedded contamination from the surface, completing the decontamination process.
    11. Glass surfaces are cleaned of dirt and grime, a claybar is used to remove bonded contaminants.
    12. Paint work is carefully inspected using a variety of high output lights to assess surface condition.
    13. Vehicle paint is measured for thickness and uniformity using an electronic paint thickness gauge. This is necessary to ensure that the polishing process can be safely completed without compromising the paint surface.
    14. All sensitive plastic, rubber, and vinyl trim is masked off to protect it from damage during the polishing process.
    15. Two stage paintwork correction process is used to permanently remove oxidation, towel marks, holograms, water spots, moderate swirls, and light scratches. This will drastically improve the gloss and paint clarity, but is not sufficient to remove the deepest paint defects or scratches. The products used during this step will vary and are dialed in to create the best results on your specific vehicle’s finish. Note: In some cases, deeper defects may require a Stage Three detail to be completely removed.
    16. Polycarbonate headlight and taillights lenses are polished to remove light swirls, improving gloss and shine.
    17. The surface is wiped then wiped down with an alcohol based surface prep to remove any residual polishing oils. This improves the longevity of the applied paint sealant.
    18. Three thick coats of CQuartz Finest is applied to the paint surface. Creating a super hydrophobic surface that resists dust, dirt, water, fine swirls, bird droppings, bug residue, and strong chemical cleaners. Warrantied durability for at least two years after application, with proper maintenance.
    19. All plastic, rubber, and vinyl trim is cleaned and then treated with an extremely durable trim coating that lasts up to two years, and leaves a “like new” appearance.
    20. Exterior glass surfaces are cleaned to a streak free finish.
    21. Metal trim and exhaust tips are cleaned of carbon build up, polished by hand, and protected with a high temperature resistant metal coating that lasts up to two years.
    22. Tires are dressed with a low gloss water based protectant for a fresh, natural look.
    23. Wheels are finely cleaned with an alcohol based surface prep, then protected from brake dust and road grime with a glossy high temperature wheel coating that lasts up to two years, making wheel cleaning incredibly easy.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    in a nut shell....what is this stuff for?

• Like Like x 1
  8. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is a very very good wax/sealant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hardcore , sounds worth it though

11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It looks like they're using cquartz inside and outside and on your tires and rims

12. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We don't f around here in Wisconsin!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is why it is there 3 days.

I could be wrong, but I think they use heat lamps for part of the treatment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I spent $800 on a complete wet sand and detail of my 96 Viper GTS and folks thought I was nuts at the time. It was amazing how many flaws were in the factory clearcoat and the car was 12 years old when I had the wet sand done. It turned out looking amazing and took the guy a full 20 hours. The detailer said he had tried to teach many people his technique over the years, but none had the touch to wet sand without going through the paint in spots. Wet sanding is definitely a "kids, don't try this at home" kind of thing.

It is amazing how much can happen the the paint finish of a car in 182 miles. The end result looks outstanding. Cquartz appears to be a very tough, thick, hard finish that is considered permanent. I am guessing that once you go this route you have to plan on redoing it every two years. I am not sure if some of the paint prep has to be redone on subsequent applications or not. If not, it may drop reapplication cost, but not much. The application appears to be very labor intensive.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hopefully will get more than 2 years out of it. The car will be garaged when it is not being driven so it will not be in the elements all that much when compare to daily driven cars

• Agree Agree x 1