Ohio hellcT going to kd dragway

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by hellbound, Dec 4, 2015.

1. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg Im going 2 maro... Hope to see some more cats.... First runs... See how i do

2. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck and let us know how you do. Next year you might try kill kar as its a little closer for you and I got a fair amount of runs in there. Otherwise national trails is nice but busy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Definitly those are closer.... They are all closed though as far as im aware... I have speedlogix trailing arms coming monday... Almost got some dr's today at jegs but dont have extra rims and didnt want to drive on them that far....talked to my dealer about clutch smell and upgradeing to bbg they said they will comp the factory cost toward bbg product:):):)... Still need a driveshaft though.... Ill try to get some video.... Any suggestions for a good 60' time... Cant grt under 5 0-60 with the all seasons... But that doesnt seem to inconsistant with most...

4. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yo ohiotj.
    Where in Ohio do u live.... Are u interested in a ohio club chapter... I was gonna work on getting something together in regards to this.....

5. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in Marietta till Thursday then I will be moving to Akron. I would like to do a club but I change cars too often to get really involved.
    Good luck with your clutch. I too am dealing with this. I know the thing slips when I am hooked up. It really needs something better to handle the weight and power combo of this car. I spoke with srt hotline and wrote a letter to Tim K. Tim must have passed my email on and I was contacted by a guy named Steve stander. They haven't really offered much yet but I am still in the early stages of trying to get it sorted out. I will keep you updated if I find out more. I told him the clutch is comparable to putting Dodge Dart brakes on a 3500 truck designed to pull 30,000 pounds. It might work unloaded but when it comes to stopping while pulling a load the parts are not up to the task.
    My best 0-60 time is 4.2. Just got to keep at it I guess. I am really not too good at it either.

6. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too will keep u posted.... Run some
    Really good twisties on the way down lots of roll on power in the corners... Well after 10 miles or so i could smell it pretty good... But at the track no smell... Idk... Mine still seems to be limited to 4-6 gear throttle applications. As for the 0-60 times got one @4.9... Not so good either... Im still that guy that made a 350+hp jump amd cant remember "roll into it"..:):)by the last cple runs i was gettin more comfortable.... That track is crazy... Rock chipped my winshield so i quit running it...pissed bad... But it helpped me figure out what im suppose to do about tires.... Seemed everbody i saw with 500+ was running full slick.... So thats my route

7. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is my tire and wheel setup. I love the weld rims and those are the only slicks we can fit on the cats that I am aware of.
    There are some really great roads down in southern Ohio. More so if you make it further east where we got some good hills. We took a scenic route to NTR and had a blast with myself, 2015 mustang 5.0, and a 2014 camaro.

Attached Files:

8. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg I lost 5 mph at the line with these. But I got going faster. Then the clutch limits acceleration. There is an equation at work here and the answer is more money in better parts I fear. My stock tires got me 12.4 passes at 124mph. The slicks got me 12.1 at 119mph.

9. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lower trap speed because of change to final drive ratio due to overall circumfrance???i lke the welds also, i was looking hard at them other day a jegs.... Did the stickys make your clutch slip.....glad i disnt get the drag radials because i think thats just so u xan say its a street car....what was the 12.1 about with a slick ida thought u would do better than a drag radial they are saying 10.8???although i cant get the 0-60 times and a 2.5 60'... So i have some serious work to do befor im even doing this car justice...guess we all cant be big daddy garlett.

10. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    But even with the crappy times i was still hitting 92 trap speeds at kd.... Gravel and all.... Chip my f-inf windshield... Guess i ahouldnt have lost damn wheel hopped off the line

11. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Whats the tire and rim spexs

12. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rims are 17x10 with 5x115 lug patter and 6.7 backspace. Part number 76hb7100w67a.
    Tires are the same diameter as stock 28x10.5 if I remember right.
    I am in a 6 speed as well. So 12.1 is my best with the new rims. I keep saying it felt like my clutch was slipping at the track but his was before I heard on here that was a real problem with out cars. I thought I was just imagining it. I really wanted to keep the car stock to keep a full warranty. Hate to buy a new clutch.

13. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are ideas supporting both slicks and drag radials on the forum. From what I have read slicks are better for manual shifters. DR are better for autos but I really can't say anything about that. If you can tow your car I would do slicks. Otherwise we aren't racing for a living and drag radials will get you very similar results. Slicks are slower at the big end due to their construction.