Oil Consumption in the first 7500 miles

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by Knightmare, Aug 11, 2015.

1. strykerpsg

strykerpsg SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Auto. The weird thing is the car is not track driven or drag raced. I've not even had it over about 240 kmh, maybe twice. However, I do enjoy making lots of noise in the local highway tunnels of Korea....so loud and obnoxious, so Merican!

2. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you paddle shift it a lot, driving it like a manual, maybe holding out gears and letting it coast down without shifting? IOW, do you drive it like Richard Hammond through tunnels and taunting James May? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. strykerpsg

strykerpsg SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LMAO! I saw the show and my girlfriend laughed so hard she fell off the couch. She too would roll her eyes every time we went into a tunnel. I told her, it's an American thing, she wouldn't understand.....

I do indeed paddle shift a lot. Matter of fact, they hooked up my black box and Android interface to some wrong wiring harness and my service paddle shifter light came on as well as service transmission light service too. They attributed it those warnings coming on as a protective mode because the low oil pressure sensor was potentially bad. The car has been in the shop for a few weeks now, but also because while they were test driving it and thought they had found the cure to the problem, they got mildly rear ended by a bus. So, now I am stuck driving a Porsche Panamera.....such a hideous car...kidding.