SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Oil Leak or Condensation?

12K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  Hubbs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After washing the car and detailing the engine today, I noticed a small spot of what seems to be oil near one of the lines right before the intake. My buddy told me he thinks it's a little oil condensation, but to keep an eye on it. Anyone else experience this or know what it is? Hellcat has 540 miles on it with a proper 500 mile break-in. See attached pics.

Steve
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line Carburetor
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part
Auto part

See less See more
#51 ·
I still get a small amount like my original picture, but only after very spirited driving. Under normal driving conditions, it stays clean. Any ideas what it may be? I am hesitant to take it into a dealer for such a small leak.

#53 ·
Mine is definitely oil, but it's very little.

#56 ·
Mine has the same residue under this connection. It looks like a very small vapor leak of some kind. I didn't think it was anything to worry about. I've seen similar things on many other cars at these types of connections. Interested to hear what the dealership says though!

#57 ·
ya, my car too. no big deal. I cleaned it up and i'll monitor it. If it comes back, ziptie it is

#59 ·
Yikes! That's a leak that will coat the underside of hte car in a hurrry. Get it fixed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.