Oil Line Recall?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by SSNEAKN, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I am brand new to this forum, so please bare with me.

We are picking up a Hellcat this week, and I am reading about the recalls. First, I am glad to hear the fuel recall can be done without removing the supercharger. Will this show up with a VIN run at the dealer? I guess so, since all of them are recalled?

Second, I know of 2 Hellcats that one of the oil lines came off, and oil went everywhere. I heard it was a very simple fix. I know this was also some of the newer models. Any idea if the factory started fixing this before they shipped the latest ones, or if a VIN run at a dealer will show if the specific car needs the oil line fix??

They are checking for me tomorrow, but I wanted some info before I picked up. So I can be ahead of the game.

I appreciate all of your help. I can't wait to see how my radiator hose clamp will look, after reading some of the threads on here about that. Thank you in advance!

2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SRT folks told me there was some quality issues with power steering hoses causing leaks. I have no way of confirming. What oil line are you referring to? PS hose or something else?

3. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was 1 that had a bad oil cooler line. Appeared to be damaged when the line itself was made then ruptured under pressure. (Small rupture lost little oil before discovered.) Mine was #906 or around there so many cars built since not many reports of same so I see this as isolated and nothing to fret over.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The first Hellcat I seen, actually belonged to a dealer in NC, and he was using it as a display for his customers. He took a customer out for a ride while we were there, and they came back, and oil was spilling out everywhere under the car. They immediately shut the car off and pushed it on the lift. There was a small hose that had burst, and engine oil was everywhere. They were lucky it happened in a parking lot.

The hose was just a couple of dollars from Mopar, but was sent to them over night, and they fixed it the following day. It was near the bottom of the engine, so I can't name which one it was specifically. I know of 2 cars that it happened to. I know it was a recall, I am surprised it wasn't listed here.

Now I did run my VIN on the Mopar owners site, and it says no recalls exist, so I am hoping mine was fixed, along with the fuel line issue, before it left the factory.

I won't see the car until Wed of this week.

5. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is what I was talking about. I just happened to be there when it happened.

When you all mention #, are you referring to the last few numbers on your VIN? Are the Hellcats sequential like that? I won't see the build date on the door yet until the guy emails me. I can tell you the last 4 of the VIN is 9619, where do I find the build number you all are talking about?

6. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your car will have been already fixed (oil line) . I got my car last week and it was already fixed at the factory.

7. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was made Jan 2015. I hope this was fixed before then.

Thoughts on that???

8. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you can call the SRT hotline. Give them your VIN and they can tell you if you have any open recalls on your HC.

9. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are NO RECALLS yet on any that I am awear of

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can also check online through driver connect (or whatever it's called). No recalls as of right now.

11. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can someone give me the SRT hotline number please? Thank you!

12. GottaHaveaCat

GottaHaveaCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    855 SRT TEAM. 855 778 8326

13. HellcatKid

HellcatKid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Peeps keep putting recall in the thread title stop doing that....,there are actually NO Current active RECALLS....yet anyway!:p:p

14. SSNEAKN

SSNEAKN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Newbie here, SORRY! I just want to make sure, before I pick up the car. I did a search and didn't see anything.

Also, I was actually THERE when the oil line burst, and oil went everywhere. You just don't know how bad that was.

15. HellcatKid

HellcatKid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No worries man If nothing else it gets ppl to read the thread toot sweet! lol ......oh I know how bad that can be I smoked my oil pan on an unexpected dip in the road doin 100 in my 68 camaro oil everywhere I instinctively shut the ignition off luckily before any internal damage occurred you don't relize how fast your reaction can be until its all over and your sitting there stunned! :eek: