Oil pressure and temp?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Hemibuck, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just curious what our oil pressure and temp should be at during idle and under load. I had the oil gasket snafu this weekend so now I'm paranoid about it. Thanks!

2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oil pressure usually hovers around high 50's low 60's under load and around 40 or so at idle. I think my oil temp is around 180 if I remember but not sure.

That damn gasket, it seems to be biting more people.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ok I'm seeing 70 when I get on it and up to 200 degrees when doing the same. I'm guessing it's normal but now that I'm watching the gauges I'm paranoid. Yes and I even heard about it and it still got me. Been changing my own oil for over 25 years and this is the first time I have done something like this. Guaranteed my cat has the cleanest underside of all of them now. That and a light coating of rust inhibitor.

4. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hemibuck I see the same pressures reported by solo7777 but temps closer to yours, but not a lot of places I can open it up, so I see temps like yours with slower driving and maybe a little reduced from yours on spirited driving. Never saw pressures close to what you're reporting hm.

5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will look more today. I'm sure they are normal. Like I said I just saw the upper 60's when I was getting on it. I'm usually right where he is during normal driving. Just making sure after the Exonn Valdize in my garage this weekend..

6. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LoL. So you lost the belly gasket or??? (Yesterday I was backing out had just set down the replaced rear end spaced it. It was in my path, came a %*^( hair from kissing it with the car about dropped a load...)

7. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I pulled the stock oil filter and the gasket stuck to the block. I didn't catch it and put the new filter on and fired it up. Rubber on rubber doesn't work very well.....what a goddamn mess!

8. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh well then no soup for you! I thought you might have lost oil from the pan I was like huh? You are officially locked out of your beer fridge :)

9. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In the 25 years of changing my own oil in all my rigs this is the first time this has happened. It was truly a shot to the garage mechanic ego.

10. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My "classic" moment was causing a multi boat pile up when I took off with a new outboard, it choked out died, could't restart fast enough, and while trying having people yell at me hey dumb azz, there's a 2nd choke control on the engine itself that the dash switch didn't control. Cost me 10K :( I took BS for that for 2 years it was the closest dock to my house.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Haha...that sucks. Well it cost me another oil change because I didn't take a chance that the threads were jacked up on the filter so I just ran to the store after the mess was cleaned up and put all new in her. I had Pennzoil in but they didn't have it in stock so I went with Mobil 1 but they did have a Mopar filter.