Ok, so I'm impatient.....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Cat-Man-Do, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The story of AZ license plate: SRT F6F :

My story started out last October/November with some facebook bantering of high school friends in Illinois who work at a local small dodge dealer. One buddy is the GM and the other the sales manager . ( The GM's dad had owned a plymouth dealership and my first car was a green '72 Cuda I'd bought from my brother who had done quite a bit of performance work on it. ) They had posted a picture of a sublime Scat Pack" they had in the showroom and I responded "I need the Hellcat for sentimental reasons". They responded back with give us a call, we'll "try" to order you one. So, I put an order in when the December banks opened at MSRP and I was their first order. That order continues to sit in VON hell...

It was about the same time I started reading this forum and quickly realized they may never get a cat because of their size. So, I started hitting the phones locally here in AZ calling all the dealers inquiring about "allocations" as well as anyone in states surrounding that had landed Hellcats. Then, on the day the January allocations opened up, I got a call from a local dealer,that said they had two un-used Jan allocations and was wondering if I wanted one. Of course I grabbed that allocation and ordered the Sublime/A8/Nav/Laguna/Summer tires with red seat belts. All at MSRP and just $1k deposit.... It only took a few days and I had a VIN...the golden ticket.

Then, about four days later I get a call from a dealer in El Paso Texas that they had a red A8 that someone passed on and they would sell it to me at MSRP, but I had to come and do it in person. I really debated that, but wanted my green (sentimental see Cuda above...) and passed on that. Then, on 1/25 I got the news from RS that my car had a scheduled build of 2/13 and I should see the car mid March. Yeh!!! But, I think we all know it's not that simple. No build the week the 2/13, might have got bit by the A8, who knows... To the best anyone could tell me, I was "tentative" for week of 3/2. Discouraged... To make matters worse, I had sold my car and was sharing my wifes truck.

In the background, I'd been going back and forth with some "Tate" dealerships in northern AZ and New Mexico who had landed a few cats. I know the owner from a golf community that we have cabins at up in Show Low AZ. He'd received a few hellcats since December but was marking them up $10-$20k. Well a few weeks back, about the time I learned of my pushed out schedule, they got a Sublime, A8, Laguna, Nav. with summer tires on. Didn't have the red seat belts, but had brass monkey. They were trying for like $15k over, I told them I'd take it off their hands at MSRP. Manager said he talked to the owner who said I should make a reasonable offer. My response was "I did i.e. MSRP which stands for manufacturer suggest reasonable price". Fast forward to mid last week and I get an email saying "how about $7k over?". My response was "for $7k, I'll just be patient and wait on the one I have coming"...

Yesterday morning, I get up early doing things around my house and check my email about 9am. There is a new email from the manager which says "owner said if you will buy the car by Monday it's yours at MSRP"
    Well done deal!!! I will be going up to Show Low tonight to sign the papers at their GM dealer there and then will go back up to Gallup NM on Friday to pick up my baby! Gallup is about 274 miles from Phx and about 130 from my cabin in show low, so will make for a nice little break in ride.

I'll continue this saga as I progress tomorrow and then Friday, with hopefully some pictures to follow.

Once it's official, I will tell the other Dodge Dealer I'm not taking the car. Sales guy already said don't worry about deposit. If anyone is interested in that one which will should be built this week and here end of month message me and I'll give you my sales guys information. Not sure if they will agree to still sell at MSRP, but worth the call.

to be continued...

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yaaaaaa! That is awesome news! Can't wait to hear the next chapter! Good luck. Hope it all works out!

• Like Like x 2
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats on holding out for msrp......your showing the rest how its done

• Like Like x 2
  4. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to see everything worked out for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Outstanding job! Enjoy it. Post pictures when you pick it up.

• Like Like x 2
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    YES! Really love reading the excitement when the HC is finally coming home! Pictures when you can, plz, and drive safely. You and the HC both have a great time! Grtz!!!!

April

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't wait to see part 2 of this story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Raymondhellcat12315

Raymondhellcat12315 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck and enjoy! You will love it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to hear everything worked out in the end. I have numerous calls and emails to numerous dealerships around the country and hope to get the lucky call one day. I have an order in also but waiting to see if it ever gets picked up. Got my fingers crossed for when allocations come out next week.
    Enjoy your new car and have a safe drive back home in it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WHOOP WHOOP!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All paperwork done, the car is officially mine! I will go up to Gallup, NM on Friday to pick it up. Scheduled body shop next week for hood wrap/stripe and windows tint.

to be continued later....

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First to congratulate you yessss :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very exciting! Looking forward to next post with car!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great news. What kind of stripes are you putting on?

15. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CMD, Does the car have all black or sepia/black interior??? Congratulations!