OK, What's the actual story with Hellcat allocation?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by TinCuda, Sep 5, 2015.

1. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is there any honest dealers or folks who have talked to honest dealers that can tell me the actual story about Hellcat allocation?

I have heard that dealers have said a lot of things. Many of these things to me:

We don't know what our allocation is...
    We have an open allocation but I am charging $10k over MSPR. Or you need to leave a $5k deposit. (I discontinue communication at that point)
    We found out our allocation but we can only order one car per month.
    We found out the number of cars that we can order but have no idea what we can order until each month.
    We find out what our allocation is one month at a time. We have no allocation this month, maybe will have allocation next month. We'll see.
    We can only order a Challenger with manual transmission.
    We can only order a Charger.
    We have placed all the orders that we have allocation for already.
    We know how many allocations we have for the next six months and we know what we can order and when we can place those orders.

What is the real story the dealers should be telling us?

I don't mind waiting if I know that I will get my car in the end. I waited two years once to buy a new shotgun for MSRP.
    My dealer has been stringing me along by telling me he has not been told what his allocation is yet, but I am still number one on the list. I am beginning to think he might be pulling my chain a bit. I plan to buy a 2016 car either way. If I can't order one, I will buy one off a lot later. I just don't want to miss an opportunity to order one now.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers are supposed to get their total allocations for the first half of the year up front. They can only order when one of those allocations open up. It might be for a Challenger with an M6 or A8 or a Charger. They have no control over what transmission they can order on the Challengers. If you dealer is telling you he has no idea what his allocations are, I would seriously start looking around. Sounds like he is stringing you along while he goes and sells the car to someone else who is willing to pay the ADM.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. iTwitchHC

iTwitchHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been buying for the same dealer for 20 years, I missed the option to order a 2015 by a day earlier this year, no big deal right FCA made an announcement that all dealers would be able to buy. Fast forward to 8/17/15, order banks open, I place my order get a VON, like most a couple days later it's gone. Now my dealer is not able to place his order, and his rep is telling him that he has no idea if or when he will get a allocation. I'm not willing to leave an honest and trustworthy dealer because FCA is not being upfront with folks. Not sure how FCA decides who gets it, but I have bought several Rams trucks, and just picked up a GC charger Scat Pack from him. At this point I'm tempted to buy another Scat Pack and throw a Kenne Bell on it.

4. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the real issue is Dodge under priced the HC.
    They have a 80K unit all day long.
    Now remember Tim K said from Day 1 Its a HALO CAR!!
    Halo means special not just a production line unit.
    So Allocation is what they use to sell them.
    Allocation is everyday in the Porsche, Lambo, Audi etc etc world.
    They only make so many and that is it for the model year.
    The problem I see is Dealers are lead to believe they can place a order no problem.
    Alas Bob Fredrick. He placed over 200 orders because the system allowed him to.
    Well that pissed off over 195 people Huge!! Those people complained daily to SRT Hotline daily.
    Tim K then makes a statement in USA Today mentioned Bob Fredrick without really saying the name of dealer.
    Its a catch 22 system. The only True Dealers getting close to the real skinny are the Viper SRT group.
    The flagship of the brand Viper guys get first shot period.
    So find a Viper Dealer partner up early and your chances are good.
    Again just my thoughts from experience. Now that doesn't say a small town dealer cannot get a HC they have.
    Its a weird system and it hurts and pisses people off.

WT

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We bought our 2015 from our local small town dealer. They had delivered one Hellcat before ours. They told us that they did not know if they would get another allocation. They did. Our dealer had no idea how that happened other then they did sell all their other Challengers (V6's, 5.7's, 392's, etc.) plus dealer traded and sold 2 more. When we first started looking we contacted other dealers and got different stories with each one (none of which I believed). We have bought several cars from the dealer that delivered our Hellcat which was at MSRP. How well do you know this dealer? He may not know if he has an allocation. If you are truly first in line to order then I would stay with them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    THE TRUTH?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called my dealer, that I got my Hellcat from, because I was thinking about buying a Promaster City for my plumbing co. I asked him about the allocation for them on the 2016. He said that they were supposed to know about total allocation, but they only told him that he was getting a Challenger, and no Charger, for this month? I asked about how FCA said that they would know about their total allocations, he said nobody knows anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's a copy of my post under 'Allocation Confusion' in case you didn't see it there. This is from a large dealer (2nd or 3rd in state). The real problem again for 2016 is the same as it was in 2015. FCA does not keep it's promises to the dealers and the area reps. are either silent or not truthful in their communication. The dealer told me 'I feel like an idiot when I ask my rep. what I should tell a customer and I don't even get a response!' See below.......

Getting back to 'Allocation Confusion' - I talked to my dealer yesterday. Originally they were given their allocatin for the first 6 months and thought all was good. Even though they delivered 6 HC's for 2015, they did not get an Aug. allocation, and no explanation. They will have to wait and see if they get one for Sept. Each month might be the same, allocation or NO allocation, no way to tell. All promises by FCA have been broken again, and at least this dealer is as frustrated with them as eveyone on this forum is (except Huggytree of course). They asked their Rep, "What should I tell my customer?" And never even got a reply. So, sad but true, things are not fixed, it's no better than last year, ADM's are still alive and prospering, and FCA does not appear to care. In the end, there is some truth in just gong out and finding a car. My '15 will be here in about a week. My '16 order will probably get cancelled.

FCA may be good at engineering and building a killer car, they seem to suck at everything else. On a brighter note, my '68 Camaro with a 572 sold today and is on a trailer headed for Kentucky. My bank account feels good right before the '15 HC arrives.

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think they should just kill the ordering system all together for the HC right now.....let dealers order what they want and sell them......having people 10 deep for ordering a car that the dealer has no allocation for is just going to frustrate people.........dont let people order until demand is met and all ordered cars become orders w/o any allocation process

10. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What?? Why would it be a good thing to let dealers just order anything they want and then wait for someone to come in, pay a huge ADM, and not even leave with what they really want? This is a $70,000. car and you should be able to get exactly what you want. FCA needs to fix the freaking ordering system and quit playing games. All they need to do is tell a dealer "Here is your allocation for the next 6 months." And then stick to it! The dealer and customer can work the rest of it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Don't you know? The bosses at Dodge are Star Trek fans and have modeled the allocation process on the game of Fizbin

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A few months in they need to allow people with vouchers to place orders over allocation. Maybe 1 a month per dealer that also has an allocation that month. No voucher, then no additional allocation. Keeps the lists in check, but also makes their "double production" not seems like it's BS.

Nothing like handing out vouchers that mean nothing and people can't easily use.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sledguy

sledguy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TIG for President!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gotta agree with TIG & Sledguy.

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    why would the ADM be any different than how it is now? dealers who sell for MSRP would still sell for MSRP and dealers who want ADM would still do ADM.....that issue is all about the market and the # of people willing to pay an ADM....if no one would pay it it would disappear tomorrow

as far as getting exactly what you want-.....your too fussy.....most could pick 2 colors, most would except a black hood or a black roof.......i think with a nationwide database and 8,000 cars being made you'd find your exact car x 20 easily.......i think it all comes down to people not willing to travel to get their car.....

if the dealers ordered what they wanted and knocked out the ordering system for individuals we'd have no bitching over Allocations......the cars have always been out there....all those people who ordered and didnt get an allocation still found their cars....all the people who didnt want to wait 9 months and found theirs sitting in a dealer showroom still got theirs......its possible more people got theirs from dealer orders than actual orders.......if thats true it would prove my point......

i wanted a stripped A8 Sublime...i got a loaded one since its what i found......doesnt really matter to me....heard plenty of stories of guys ordering a cloth seat and buying a leather before their cloth came in....they seemed happy enough....so you dont get every single item you wanted....whoopee....

being fussy===no car

• Agree Agree x 1