Okay I'm pissed over something stupid or am I?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by BossHawg, Mar 10, 2015.

1. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've kept a level head since September..:but now I'm a little heated. I received an email saying that my car was here in Atlanta and that it will make it to the dealer in 3/13. I call the dealership they tell me it's going to get there in 3/16. I don't understand why it takes up to 6 days to get from one side of the city to the other. The part that pisses me off is I mentioned I wanted to actually see the car come off the truck and they told me that they won't know when the car is coming until it actually gets there. Who can I contact to find out when the car is coming in the truck it an I asking to much? I guess I've been spoiled by GM.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. rickydl

rickydl Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Around me, the carrier loads cars for several dealerships on one carrier. But the dealer is informed of the delivery. My dealer said they will know a few days in advance and will call me. They want me there to see the car roll off the carrier and get into their service bay for my and their inspection. Man...It's the stork delivering my baby.

3. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Truck with mine was about 5 hours late....
    Based on what dealer was told.

4. BossHawg

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can hang out there all day no problem, I just want to know the day. I also need to get a cashiers check from the bank on the day before. Is there someone at a dealership that handles carrier deliveries?

5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was two days late. I am an hour from the dealer so I just decided not to worry about it. the internet girl took a video of it and some photos for me, it was good enough.

6. rickydl

rickydl Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dunno, but IMO dealers are always informed of incoming. They have stuff to do...prep, contact owner, move it off the lot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BossHawg

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's what im thinking. Someone has to know.

8. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was late as well. The trucks don't leave until they are fully loaded, and sometimes they make trips to other dealerships before yours. If the weather is bad, that can delay things too. I feel you...mine was two weeks late because of the snow and it was an hour away.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hellcat Jack

Hellcat Jack Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The truck deliveries are really screwed up. My buddies Hellcat was on the same train as mine. Our dealerships are 20 minutes apart. Mine arrived on a Friday. I called him to let him know figuring his would be on the same truck . They were on the same train together right ???? His got trucked to Roanoke Va. 3.5-4 hours from us on a different truck and wasn't delivered until the following Thursday. Logistics at their best ! lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All good info already posted.. I'll add some more important points. The truck can, and often will, show up after hours. For us, Challenger was delivered at 1:00 AM night before/day of Christmas Eve. The Charger was delivered 3/5 at 10:00 PM.

Basically even if the dealer gets an ETA, the car shows up when it shows up. For both I was hoping to see them come off the truck but no luck. Imagine sitting around at the dealer all day and the truck never shows? It could be at another dealer dropping off, stuck in traffic, etc.

Like a lot of things with this whole process, it's a bit of a crap shoot.

11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer should have the number for the trucking company. He might be apprehensive to give it to you, but I would be pushy about it. My car was delayed because of trucking also. I was lucky that someone was able to find out that the trucking company had loaded my car up so I actually hunted it down on the freeway and followed it to the dealer!:D

12. BossHawg

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for all of the info!

13. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The car I just bought was 6 hours from the dealer by truck. Took 4 weeks to get there. Was projected at 5 weeks then all of a sudden it just showed up at the dealer. It's a PIA but your car will come.. You are in the home stretch!!!

14. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think you would have to setup a tent at the dealership about two weeks before the ETA. My luck I'd be sleeping in the tent when the truck came and miss the entire thing!

15. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It took my car almost 3 weeks to go 250 miles, and it never had to get on a train. It sat for 14 days within 20 miles of the dealership (and my house). I have no idea why the process seems to grind to a halt at the very end, but I can tell you from my experience that it doesn't appear the dealer has any control over how long it sits in the storage/shipping lots. I think my dealership would've very much liked to get the vehicle at the end of last month (to fulfill their quota), but couldn't expedite it. I couldn't even get them to give me the shipping advice from the trucking company (to get a delivery day/time). I know it's easier said than done (having just experienced it), but try to sit back and let the process happen. I really frustrated myself trying to get involved to track/expedite it. All of my efforts were completely wasted. It got here when it got here.