SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Okay I'm pissed over something stupid or am I?

6K views 63 replies 25 participants last post by  gatorguy 
#1 · (Edited)
I've kept a level head since September..:but now I'm a little heated. I received an email saying that my car was here in Atlanta and that it will make it to the dealer in 3/13. I call the dealership they tell me it's going to get there in 3/16. I don't understand why it takes up to 6 days to get from one side of the city to the other. The part that pisses me off is I mentioned I wanted to actually see the car come off the truck and they told me that they won't know when the car is coming until it actually gets there. Who can I contact to find out when the car is coming in the truck it an I asking to much? I guess I've been spoiled by GM.

#2 ·
Around me, the carrier loads cars for several dealerships on one carrier. But the dealer is informed of the delivery. My dealer said they will know a few days in advance and will call me. They want me there to see the car roll off the carrier and get into their service bay for my and their inspection. Man...It's the stork delivering my baby.

#8 ·
Mine was late as well. The trucks don't leave until they are fully loaded, and sometimes they make trips to other dealerships before yours. If the weather is bad, that can delay things too. I feel you...mine was two weeks late because of the snow and it was an hour away.

Reactions: BossHawg
#9 ·
The truck deliveries are really screwed up. My buddies Hellcat was on the same train as mine. Our dealerships are 20 minutes apart. Mine arrived on a Friday. I called him to let him know figuring his would be on the same truck . They were on the same train together right ???? His got trucked to Roanoke Va. 3.5-4 hours from us on a different truck and wasn't delivered until the following Thursday. Logistics at their best ! lol

#10 ·
All good info already posted.. I'll add some more important points. The truck can, and often will, show up after hours. For us, Challenger was delivered at 1:00 AM night before/day of Christmas Eve. The Charger was delivered 3/5 at 10:00 PM.

Basically even if the dealer gets an ETA, the car shows up when it shows up. For both I was hoping to see them come off the truck but no luck. Imagine sitting around at the dealer all day and the truck never shows? It could be at another dealer dropping off, stuck in traffic, etc.

Like a lot of things with this whole process, it's a bit of a crap shoot.

#14 ·
I think you would have to setup a tent at the dealership about two weeks before the ETA. My luck I'd be sleeping in the tent when the truck came and miss the entire thing!

#11 ·
The dealer should have the number for the trucking company. He might be apprehensive to give it to you, but I would be pushy about it. My car was delayed because of trucking also. I was lucky that someone was able to find out that the trucking company had loaded my car up so I actually hunted it down on the freeway and followed it to the dealer!:D

#13 ·
The car I just bought was 6 hours from the dealer by truck. Took 4 weeks to get there. Was projected at 5 weeks then all of a sudden it just showed up at the dealer. It's a PIA but your car will come.. You are in the home stretch!!!

#15 ·
It took my car almost 3 weeks to go 250 miles, and it never had to get on a train. It sat for 14 days within 20 miles of the dealership (and my house). I have no idea why the process seems to grind to a halt at the very end, but I can tell you from my experience that it doesn't appear the dealer has any control over how long it sits in the storage/shipping lots. I think my dealership would've very much liked to get the vehicle at the end of last month (to fulfill their quota), but couldn't expedite it. I couldn't even get them to give me the shipping advice from the trucking company (to get a delivery day/time). I know it's easier said than done (having just experienced it), but try to sit back and let the process happen. I really frustrated myself trying to get involved to track/expedite it. All of my efforts were completely wasted. It got here when it got here.

#16 ·
Just a reminder, as it's been discussed on these forums at great length, that we don't own these cars until the papers are signed at the Dealership. If it falls off of a truck between Brampton and you, it's entirely on them. It's their car. Just need to be diligent in going over the car when it is presented to you at the Dealership.

#17 ·
My Hellcat only took 6 days from assembly line to delivery but it was delivered to the dealer overnight and they just threw the keys through a hole in the garage door. The lot guys had never seen a red key fob before and they didn't have any idea of the significance. o_O

#19 ·
OMG! I had met with the lot boys before my car was expected to be there so they knew exactly how to care for my baby when it arrived. I met with GM and we discussed who would drive it and how it would be cleaned. I don't believe there was anyone on that lot that did not know whose car it was or what to do! LOL:D

#20 ·
A car hauler delivering cars isn't much different than UPS delivering packages. The driver won't even know when he's going to arrive at a certain delivery point until he's finished delivering at the last. They should absolutely be able to give you a delivery day but a guess on the time of day would be just that...a guess.

As for bumping your days out..maybe the dealer is waiting until he can fill an entire hauler with his inventory to maximize shipping value. That's just a w.a.g.

#21 ·
its all part of ordering a car from Dodge....

my 2011 sat for a week in a train not moving...took 2 weeks total to ship from MI to WI....i could have probably pushed my IE home from there faster....also sat for 6 weeks in storage.....and when it arrived the seats were all loose and baggy.....i ended up telling them to keep it...drove to IL that day, bought one off the lot for -$2500 less.....waited from Sept until Jan and then tossed the order out..

id never order from Dodge again...id rather just go pick one up at a dealership...no waiting, no stress(if you can find one)

#22 ·
I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense to me and seems logical.

Cars will sit in the rail yard with other vehicles for other dealers until there is enough to load on 1 truck so the driver can deliver more cars at a time. It won't get loaded if it's the only car going that direction as that would be a waste of a truck.

#23 ·
if your going to be the type of person who orders a car you need to have a laid back attitude about it....if your a high strung person who checks on the progress every day then ordering is not for you....your car could show up damaged.....are you just going to accept it? are you going to accept a car that needs a fender repaint or scratches on the spoiler or rims????

just because your car arrives at the dealer doesnt mean its going to be perfect....most are, some arent...your car may arrive and need 2-3 weeks more to repair......

in 2011 i looked at a new IE with a big dent in the fender...the dealer never even noticed.....i walked away.....if i had ordered that car and spent 5 months waiting im not sure if i mentally would have been able to walk away......by ordering your whole mind set is different.....in 2011 about 1/2 of the CT forum members canceled their orders and just went out and got their IE off a dealer lot.....some of that is happening now w/ HC's.........if your tired of waiting id start searching......even if your car is 2 weeks away id still look and find another if i could.

#26 ·
if your going to be the type of person who orders a car you need to have a laid back attitude about it....if your a high strung person who checks on the progress every day then ordering is not for you....your car could show up damaged.....are you just going to accept it? are you going to accept a car that needs a fender repaint or scratches on the spoiler or rims????

just because your car arrives at the dealer doesnt mean its going to be perfect....most are, some arent...your car may arrive and need 2-3 weeks more to repair......

in 2011 i looked at a new IE with a big dent in the fender...the dealer never even noticed.....i walked away.....if i had ordered that car and spent 5 months waiting im not sure if i mentally would have been able to walk away......by ordering your whole mind set is different.....in 2011 about 1/2 of the CT forum members canceled their orders and just went out and got their IE off a dealer lot.....some of that is happening now w/ HC's.........if your tired of waiting id start searching......even if your car is 2 weeks away id still look and find another if i could.
Don't know if this is a general statement or directed towards me. I've ordered plenty of cars from foreign and domestic manufacturers and have been informed every step of the way. I haven't slammed this companies process nor will I, even though I don't agree with a few things. I'm not that concerned about a scuffed up splitter, paint blemishes and etc. This car will get beat on, rarely washed and warranty voided as soon as the aftermarket can catch up. A yes is yes a no is no. If its not ready it's not ready but don't send me communication that it is ready and in reality it's not.

#34 ·
UOTE="HellcatdotClub, post: 105823, member: 130"]Time to get back in the game big baller Hoss! Contact RS :D for details of where its at and why is it sitting there looking pretty[/QUOTE]
You see what Boss did there earlier in the thread about getting a cashiers check. I don't think he likes carrying around quite that much coin, I bet big baller Boss has a limit of 50k. Otherwise it makes him look like he is stuffing his pockets with some rolled up socks!:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.