Old, yet new

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by The Jet, Jun 8, 2016.

1. The Jet

The Jet Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm brand new to the site, looks like a cool place to hang out. I see that I am not the only person who loves their Hellcat. So far, 10 months and 18k miles. What a car. I have owned many high-performance vehicles over the years, including Porsche. This beats the heck out of all of them for sheer crazy fun. Momentarily scared myself a couple of times when I first drove it, but think that was just my first experience with 700 hp, I guess. Love every minute I am in the car. It is my daily driver to work, slapped some Pirelli Scorpion winter tires on it and drove through the winter in Michigan. Of course, I had an M6, wouldn't even think of trying that with an automatic, but maybe that's just me. Old school, I guess. Took it on 4,300 mile road trip this spring through eastern half of the U.S., enjoyed it. This is such a GREAT road car, nice and heavy. By the way, understand the deal with test drives at the dealer, I picked mine up with 1 mile on the odometer. Took a picture of that just for proof. Anyhow, most important reason to purchase one of these beasts is that the trunk is able to accommodate at least 2 sets of golf clubs. Can't even fit anything in Mustangs, etc trunks. By the way, has anyone attended the SRT driving school? Comments? This is my third Challenger, 2010 SRT and a 1970 Challenger T/A 340 Six-Pack back in my youth! Mopar the only way to go. I find all of your postings very interesting, colorful, and of most importance, informative!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi, Jet, and welcome to Hellcat.org! Grtz on the Hellcat What color did you get? I have had a 2009 TorRed SRT8 (Bane), 2013 Jazz Blue 392 (Ozzy), 2015 Redline Tricoat Pearl Hellcat (Dante), and finally my 2016 Plum Crazy Pearl Hellcat (Jimi). I adore the Challenger and as you can tell, I name all of my cars. :D

April

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Jet

The Jet Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love the Jimi quote, still remember him. I have a 2015 Challenger Hellcat Pitch Black with black sepia leather interior and brass monkey wheels. Sounds like you have an addiction for which there is no cure LOL??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Belated Congrats! Welcome to the forum.

3 days short of 11 months ... 16,192 miles on my daily driver in VA

Nothing but smiles all the way. just finished short road trip @ 25.9 mpg, street mode cruising at 75 mph

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

You are correct! I had been trying to get my hands on a PC Challenger from my first one, but my timing was always off. I was going to wait on the Hellcat and see what colors were available through 2017, but my husband, Marty, talked me into the Redline, so I gave in and ordered it. Then, I died a little inside when they announced the colors for 2016 ... I was NOT a happy camper, LOL! Marty kept asking if I wanted to trade for the Plum Crazy and I kept telling him no, until I became one of 6 Challenger Hellcats in this small town, and the clincher was that the other 5 were all ... you guessed it ... REDLINE! ARGH! So, Marty asked one time too many and I now have Jimi and am SOOOO happy! Just got my vanity plate in last week, and I grin everytime I look at it! :D

April

jimiplate2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Jet and Congrats. Welcome to the forum and the top of the food chain. It's good to be KING..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum and community!

• Like Like x 2
  8. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and a belated WhooHoo on your Cat!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Speedlogix Sales

Speedlogix Sales Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Welcome aboard, we're glad to have another Hellcat owner aboard! Sounds like you have had a great collection of cars, enjoy your Hellcat.

- Alexis

• Like Like x 1
  10. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    10 months and great miles on the car. I guess you can get rid of the Rookie on your av info.

Congrats on the car and i hope no issues.

Matt

• Like Like x 1
  11. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum and I know you loving the Hellcat. You right a car with lots of room and comfort and push the gas and feel all that power.

Chuck

• Like Like x 1
  12. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the forum from upstate New York.
    There is a lot of great information here and the members on this site are second to none. The staff is very helpful when needed also
    Thank you for joining us and make sure you join the hellcat car club

Take care and be safe

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doug_38

Doug_38 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! The beauty of the Hellcat and this forum is you can never be too late;) both are gonna keep you ahead of the game, so wishing you much joy in both even after 10 months!

• Like Like x 2