SRT Hellcat Forum banner

On board 1/4 mile times

7K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  moparjim 
#1 ·
Years ago I had an aftermarket dash mounted timer and my car ran 1 tenths slower on the track than what my dash mounted timer said....Out of curiousity, Does anyone know how close are the times are that are on the Hellcats on board 1/4 mile times to actual 1/4 mile dragstrip times?

#4 ·
That's awesome Rick! What altitude are you running at and temps? Up here in Canada, our track elevation is 2300' and temps average around 70 degrees. A good run down the track on street tires is 11.4 at 121MPH. I'm still learning how to launch the car (Way easier in a top dragster- LOL!) without wheel spin. Can't wait till my driveshaft and drag radials show up :)

#12 ·
Did you ever get those DRs and shaft? How did you do with them?
Yes I installed the Aluminum DS and MT S/S 305/35R20. Went out last weekend and with 68.4F, 43% hum, 27.31 Bar and a corrected altitude of 3986' I ran an 11.16 sec @ 124.3MPH with 1.66 sixty foot. Trying to get on a track rental to better the time. No 10's but maybe an 11.0_ ;)

#18 ·
:cool: I did it!!! 10.98 @125.24 and backed it up with a 10.99 :D Tried a few new things and the car liked it. Weather data was 67.2F 24.8% hum 27.53 Bar and a DA of 3695. The car hooked hard with a 1.61 sixty foot. All stock powertrain, A8, Stock air filter, MT DR and an Aluminum driveshaft. This is one happy guy!!!!
I believe I am the first Hellcat in the 10's in Canada. I'm asking around on other sites to see if anyone has gotten in the 10's on a stock powertrain....

#25 ·
I know this is a old thread but bought Bravado wheels/M/T and went to track only to find out stock lugs would not work...
Looks like these are the replacements for the above??

#27 ·
I know this is a old thread but bought Bravado wheels/M/T and went to track only to find out stock lugs would not work...
Looks like these are the replacements for the above??
Any tire shop or auto parts should be able to get you similar ones. Just ask for a tuner nut or splined nut. M14x1.5
They are thinner than regular ones and will fit for sure. Make sure you buy the socket that goes with them.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.