Opinions and choices?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by S8NSKTY, Nov 24, 2014.

1. S8NSKTY

S8NSKTY Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me start by saying that obviously we are all very enthusiastic about the potential arrivals of what by all acounts is the coolest muscle car in some time or...ever!

I have enjoyed many posts and different topics of discussion regarding these crazy cars but I am fighting an inner conflict about how my experience has been so far regarding acquisition of said hellcat. You see I found a dealership in good old CA that many months ago shared my enthusiasm for the upcoming hellcat and after a long discussion with the internet sales manager decided to start an interest list to aquire the beast. Now after searching via telephone, for dealerships that do not sell cars above MSRP or tack on a "market adjustment" for newer hot cars, I decided to place my trust in the aforementioned dealership. It just so happens that this list was created on a Saturday many months ago with me on the other end of the line getting this managers assurance that I was it. I was numero uno on said list. So it began....the wait, the long wait to walk in to dealership and upon order banks opening up, place my order, give my deposit, then start another long wait while the car was built, then hopefully, eventually delivered.

If you can tell already, that is not what went down. After months of conversations with said internet manager assuring me of a price of MSRP and assuring me that as soon as order banks opened up, I would be his first phone call. I was prepared to drive a long way to rush down to the dealership and place my order. Well that day in Sept. finally came and I was ready to do my part. Order, place a deposit, then start my wait.

What actually happened was the GSM placed 7-8 random orders of cars he configured as soon as the banks opened up. His dealership was allocated 1 hellcat. He thought that by bombarding dodge with orders showing his interest in the vehicle...maybe, just maybe other dealerships with allocated cars but no orders would lose their allocation to him??? Ya right!

In the meantime my old pal, the internet guy was on his day or days off. I tried to call him, make an order....nothing? I then called the GSM and said I was the guy, numero uno, and I was told I would get to order my car the day the cats were released. Shocker he was kinda put off by my phone call and after I had to explain my months long process of dealing with the ISM, he asked me what options I would have picked? He said that as soon as he gets build confirmation he could change or modify order somewhat and try to accomodate me. Didnt happen. What else didnt happen was confirmation that this was gonna be my car, even though I was numero uno. Over the next few weeks after sharing my dismay with the ISM for all of that talk but no action and no assurance that being number 1 meant anything, after sharing my displeasure with the GSM and being the proverbial squeaky wheel they finally gave me the news I was looking for. I wore them down, I was relentless. I want a challenger hellcat dammit and worked my ass off to get one. They finally gave in, they finally told me I could be their guy! Allocated 1 and I could be him, the guy that gets it.......with just 2 catches. Number one, my options and choices fell by the wayside, but I could have their pitch black 8sp with nav and summer tires. I wanted granite metallic, black hood, 8sp, pirelli's. Pblack happened to be my 2nd choice so I agreed. Catch number 2, the dealership I had hunted for with no dealer markup, which assured me numerous times....even on the hellcat, no Market Adjustment....was gonna mark the MFer up. It disgusted me, I felt helpless. I was at this less than savory dealerships whim. Let me get this right.....dealer ordered car, not in my name, not what I wanted and now a higher price than I could've imagined. WTF

There was a third catch....another nail in the coffin, and even though I agreed to their price via the phone....(no deposit or cash has exchanged hands) they advised me that they were going to keep the hellcat in their showroom for 1 week to show off before I can get it.

Well my(the dealerships) car was built weeks ago. It was built number 474, according to RS. Now it sits in Taylor storage yard waiting for the magical pixie dust or re flash or whatever? It sits in the cold, wet, snowy, inclement, midwest, north shit weather as I stew about my less than exceptional experience. My experience was horrible, but I want a hellcat? Some would say....walk away, some would say...get it if you can, (some people arent even as lucky as me). My gut tells me to tell this deceitful opportunistic dealership to take a long walk off of a short pier.....but I still want this damn car. Damn you Dodge for putting out cool shit that will make rational people make irrational decisions. Damn you SRT, dodge, and my dealership for your endless flow of guesses and misinformation and complete lack of communication with people that have answers and me your potential customer.

Long winded, annoying post, but I think based on the facts of my case I'm prob gonna let the dealers car slip through my fingers. But I still want a hellcat....and I wasted my time with these jokers. I want a car at MSRP, and I am willing to wait and order my own, with my own options. It is enough money....not to pay extra or settle on someone elses choices.

What a shame Dodge. And to that dealership that I should have been wise enough to sniff out.....kiss my ass!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To bad you didn't have anything in writing,, or a poc... if you had said item,,I would threaten to call the local radio station, news station, and paper and exploit them.I would BUY a old van and paint it up say what crooks they are, and drive up and down in front of there dealership..but that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am so sorry to hear about your experience! This could have easily happened to many of us! I understand your dilemma. Do you have an agreement in writing or do you think they are going to juke you when you go in? I wish you the best of luck in getting your Hellcat!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S8NSKTY

S8NSKTY Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My mistake nothing in writing, however they have nothing either and the more I wait the more I am convincing myself to move on and wait til the initial rush is over, then find a reputable dealer and get it on my terms. I dont have to be in the first group...besides us first groupers are putting up with this ridiculous delay because we got 8spds......grrrr

5. S8NSKTY

S8NSKTY Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe they are gonna try to play games with me.....scumbags that I thought were legit. I will give them a chance to sell it to me for msrp before I tell them to fly a kite. Certainly a waste of time. I am going to continue to document and flame said dealer if the shenanigans continue. Prob won't make a difference but I will feel better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, you can always drive North a bit and probably get a good deal once this crazy allotment bs is done and they are just building Hellcats. There seems to be a lot of people that ordered 2 so let's hope the demand slows and dealers get a reality check. I think the fact that the silver Hellcat that the member tried to sell for $10k over MSRP and didn't get it is a good indication that it is starting to slow down. There are fair dealers, just got to find them. I think Cali is probably a hard place to find MSRP because of crazy demand.o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sorry you had to experience such horrendous customer service of said dealership. Don't forget to post them under bad dealerships not to deal with. I hope you get the hellcat you originally wanted somewhere else. Hang in there!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Walk on their ass. Find a Dealership that will order what you want. Give them 2 k down, and get a VON. Wait until next summer to receive. You'll be much happier in the long run. Don' t wait too long to get your order in. JMHO

• Like Like x 2
  9. S8NSKTY

S8NSKTY Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prob true on both....order soon and tell my dealership to kiss it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    don't forget the Charger Hellcat coming out soon :)

11. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Start a new thread and ask for help locating a Norcal dealership
    that has a good rep and sells for msrp.

12. S8NSKTY

S8NSKTY Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife had a 2006 Srt8 charger, it was kick ass! We have discussed charger instead of chall? Both cars look great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah plus charger hellcat is a whee bit faster than the challenger aerodynamically :D i have a super bee and i love it. If for some reason the hellcat challenger didn't work out for me then i'd go for the charger hellcat and get 5 seats.

• Like Like x 2
  14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would walk on them,, just wait , and there will be others

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  15. Coldheartid

Coldheartid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would tell them I want it and play there game back on them, Keep putting off the day you can make it to the dealership, but that you are really going to come in and get this car. All the while move on, do the search over get what you want on your terms. Never and I repeat never tell them you don't want it. When it sets on their showroom floor it will cost them with loss of allotment.

• Like Like x 1