Opinions requested

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by cat-a-pult, Dec 21, 2015.

1. cat-a-pult

cat-a-pult Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all - I'd like to hear your opinions please: I have the possibility of getting a 2015 Challenger M6 in Phantom Black with 670 miles and brass monkey wheels. The car has an extended warranty. Seller is asking 64K. Ebay values seem to be all over the map. Is this a fair price? Where do you see prices in a few months from now for the 2015s, especially as they accumulate some miles? Thanks!

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has two Hellcats available at MSRP. User BANE posted it here.

3. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that's a fair price. Brand new 16 @ msrp will run u around 70k out the door depending on options and tax rate

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm thinking offer him $62k.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Concur...but $62K out the door...that will put his panties in a bunch...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    get it bought, seems like a good deal.

7. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Check the car fax!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So what was the MSRP on the sticker? Hard to judge what a used car is worth when you don't know what it cost in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    is a M6 HC $70k????

mine was loaded for $65k (that was before the sun roof and hood options were available)

if its exactly the way you'd like it give him an offer....if you think you'd rather have another color there are tons listed here weekly for msrp across the country...just make some calls and get one....if it were me...id rather spend $2-4k more and have it be 100% new......your spending $64k and getting a used car????

if you got $64 you got $67.......for me getting a new car is worth $3k more just for the experience

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When in doubt......don't. Time is your friend this go around and on your side. I'm like our tree hugging friend above. Pay a bit more, get it just the way you want brand new. Good luck with your decision.

11. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds very fair... but one thing to add is find out the build number. While these are not numbered cars to me #1 thru #500 are like finding the holy grail. A 2016 yes you are seeing those at MSRP... but the 2016 had a healthy base price increase... plus all the options has a substantial increase. I was looking at a 2016 Torred at MSRP with the options I wanted it was a tick under $70K... so I went shopping for a 2015 as I wanted a Sublime... paid over sticker but I got the car in the color and options I wanted. One thing to consider is the warranty... the original owner started the clock on it... so how much is left.

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i owned a 392 holy grail car...a 2911 IE and it WAS a #'d car.....when i sold it guess how much extra i got? pretty much nothing.....actually i think the color combo and the seats cost me more potential customers than it helped me with...in the end it sold to a guy who specifically wanted that version.......#1-#500 HC is worth nothing more then #32,000 will be

your holy grail can be whatever you want it to be....some people can find a holy grail in a piece of barb wire they collect or a hummel.......nothing is really rare in 2015....that will be decided way after most of us are dead

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggy... I won't have to worry about that as I have no intentions of selling it. I wasn't meaning it in a way that the car will be worth more... I've always looked at the first 500 off the line of any special model to really cool. I agree with your other posts... these cars will not be like a 70 or 71 Hemi Cuda... agree they just made too many for that to happen. But this car has set the enthusiast market on fire for the past couple of years... not many cars do that. In a few years there will only be hybrids, turbo 4's & 6's... so unless Ford or Chevy releases something really crazy this car will have some staying power.;)

14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they will always hold their value better than 99% of the cars out there...i would agree with that...i drove my 2011 for 4 years, 7,000 miles....paid $47k sold for $34,750......i think thats amazing....sold in the middle of winter and right when the HC's were coming out....worst possible time....still only lost $12k and got to enjoy my 392 for 4 years

15. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Unless it's ex as calypso what you want check on what's out there at MSRP. Market seems to be softening with winter time and production up.