Orange in Feb?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by SRTBros2, Sep 10, 2015.

1. SRTBros2

SRTBros2 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    so if I want orange should I order immediately when my dealer has allocation next year? Even if orange isn't available until March?

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is orange (go mango) going to happen? If I had a dealer that said they would take my order for one and if it was for the right price, I would order it this morning.

3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Saw that on RS thread, If you can order one and don't care if you ever get it or not why not. I was thinking about a second order and if it ever came in great if not I am happy with my 15.

4. SRTBros2

SRTBros2 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Heard from a few sources go mango or toxic orange or something is the next impact color. My question is when to order because the second allocation opens in February, correct?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am also holding out for the Orange but with Hellcats in any color as rare as hens teeth I am not sure my strategy is sound. My dealer is telling me no official word on the late availability of any Orange but he thinks if it is due in March we may be able to order in November.

6. SRTBros2

SRTBros2 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Aren't most allotments gone already? I was thinking of placing an order with down payment on February

7. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope allocations are not gone. They seem to different this year. Different story every dealer you ask but heard they can order 1 at a time and can't order next one until last one is sold to owner. That is supposed to eliminate placing dealer orders. Have to wait and see I guess.

8. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To answer your original question, as soon as you find a dealer who will take an order for Orange, I would place it. PCP just showed up in the computer to order on Sept 7 for November build dates. As soon as Orange is in their I am ordering mine.

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i have a question.....how can you want an orange when you dont know what the color will look like?

on the last Charger from the previous generation it was a burnt orange color...in 1970 it was the Plymouth version of Vitamin C orange (which is on the 2015 dart right now)-----brown orange vs bright orange...which will it be......i dont think Sublime 2015 is the same as Sublime was on the previous gen. charger either(close, but not exact)....so its a crap shoot right now

for me those colors are far apart enough that i couldnt decide right now......i find it funny that Dodge doesnt have a pic yet......but then i remember Green W/ Envy.....they didnt show it until it was pretty much being assembled......i chose my white IE because i didnt know what to expect with GWE......i had some regrets when i saw how nice GWE was........had dodge shown pics a few months ahead of production my decision would have been easier

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fair comment. First rumor was GoManGo like the 2006 Chargers, now they are saying Mango Tango like on the current Jeep. Regardless, I still think any Hue will be great. What can I say I like Orange. I was ready to settle for the sublime but now holding out for Orange.

11. SRTBros2

SRTBros2 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I have the faith in FCA that orange will be an amazing color on the hellcat. I actually like all of the different hues. So what happens if the order banks open in February but orange isn't available yet? Do they place the order and select the color later? Anyone know if Wisconsin or the Midwest are getting manuals? What's this business about not getting the transmission of your choice?

12. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think you can change the color after order. My sales rep says he can't order mine until Orange is in there. Just have to wait according to him. As for the transmission, he told me he only had an allocation for a PCP in automatic. Seemed odd to me as well that you could not choose a manual? Really hoping I can order the build I want when Orange is finally in there.

13. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SRTBros2, how sure are you that Orange is coming at all? Talked to another dealer and they say no word of it at the unveiling of the 2016 line up. In fact they said Sublime would be late availability again. Sublime was my second pick for color and I can get one off the lot now in the exact build I want what would you do, buy now or hold out for the phantom color?

14. SRTBros2

SRTBros2 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    For me it's a financial thing. If I order in Feb or March and it gets delivered months later – annoying for most but helpful for me – I'll be able to have a better down payment. I just heard Orange is coming from multiple threads on here. Consequently, I've not heard about the rerelease of green but that is an amazing color and I would happily order that. In your case, if you see what you want I'd get it instead of going through the allocation circus. Is there an ADM for your car?

15. TXHellCat

TXHellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes there is an ADM, about the same as what my dealer is going to charge if I order new. Some options are more expensive in 2016 though. Hood went up $1000, tires a few hundred. So price is what I was expecting. I am near ready, really don't want to wait and then miss out.