Order status update

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Carnage, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ok so considering
    1. My dealership received a call from Chrysler saying they were short on Laguna seats and to ask existing hellcat customers to see if they wanted the regular premium leather
    2. I said sure switch to the premium leather
    3. SRT group says my tentative build date is 10/15/2014 but it could change status from D to something else as soon as tomorrow or before 10/15 or after 10/15.
    4. They are halting production of other cars one day a week to build the hellcat 24/7 for that one 24hr period per week.
    5. They said unless in extreme rare act of God cases; the status D and the items on the POC cannot be changed no matter what.
    6. They also said if it says tentative date of 10/15 then that means it will be built on that day or even earlier or later depending on production.
    What do you guys think? Maybe my order might stay with Laguna since it technically cannot be changed despite what my dealership says.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I asked someone who seems to know quite a bit about the order process to review your inquiry. Hopefully you can get good news and you get your upgrade. I know they must have some because the same seats are offered in the SRT 392. Crossing my fingers for y'all (got it right this time).:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you Tammie!! I'm like dying to get my baby in my drive way but the dealership never know exactly what's up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know. From what another person told me, if it is in D status with your choices, you should get it that way. I hope you have an answer later tonight or in the morning. We need to get these babies in the road and some real pics posted!;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Tammie. I will follow up next few days and keep everyone posted

6. Jerry Zad

Jerry Zad Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My VIN is in and I am a "D" status

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats Jerry! Keep us posted

8. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I just spoke to my rep, he said he was on the phone with the Chrysler lady and nothing can be changed once it is on Status D with exception to the whole demand supply of Laguna leather and possibly switching out to regular premium leather.

They said the guy who was status D in front of me just changed to a Status C meaning Tentative schedule and perhaps changing Laguna leather to the regular prem leather then going back to Status D soon.

He said mine is status D so I may luck out and get what I wanted which is Laguna leather.

Anyway I'll keep everyone posted by next Friday to see if my status changes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sweet! hope we get the laguna

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Abe hope we get Laguna !

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess the most frustrating part of all this waiting and speculation is when you order with only Sublime, auto and nav and still wait with a "D" status.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah the status D is a bit misleading for many folks. It's a good but also frustrating status at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Michael Jutovsky

Michael Jutovsky The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does anyone know what happens in VOTS if status changes back to "C" ?
    Will VOTS still show scheduled for production?

14. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Other members may confirm but if it hits C my rep says it goes to tentative schedule until parts become available and allocation then when it hits D again it will have a production date

15. infantry92

infantry92 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is an updated re-hash of my question regarding the order process. I'm a nervous nellie over making sure I am placing my order with a dealer that will be in line to get an allocation for the second build. I don't want to place an order with a dealer and come to find out they just didn't carry enough weight with the factory to get my order honored until they start cranking out Hellcats next summer.

So, I reached out to a dealer who is the largest in their state and who told me they had one remaining allocation for the second build and that it was mine to take if I wanted it.

Today, I got the build sheet to tell them what options I wanted. I peppered the salesperson with questions about when they expected the car to be built and delivered. When the VIN would be issued, etc.

They told me they expected the car to be delivered around late January or February. He insisted this was the second build allocation.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone who is knowledgeable about the order process and build schedule?

Cheers,