Ordered 2016 Charger SRT392. Catch can and caliper paint question.

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by STRSRLF, Oct 7, 2015.

1. STRSRLF

STRSRLF Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ive posted in other threads but here is the summary.

I ordered an White on Black 2016 Charger SRT 392 on 9/10 with Tech, Summer Tires ($595 option this year!?), Sunroof, and HK Audio. MSRP $57,370. I just got ship date of 10/15!!

IM TOTALLY STOKED!! Ive already purchased my GoPro with suction cup to catch unsuspecting passengers "acceleration faces"!

Im going as stealth as possible considering this car looks like it was chiseled out of a bolder made of pure badass!! Im thinking tint the windows 20% all around and remove the SRT392 logos, Dodge, Charger and SRT off the truck. Thinking about painting the calipers blue (not stealth but still).

Questions:

Painting calipers blue. Best method? I want it to look 100% clean and original.

Catch Can. Anyone have the 6.4 with catch can? How much oil are you capturing at what intervals? Worth it?

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my catch can on my 2011 would fill up 1/4 (few teaspoons) every oil change (1,500 miles-2000 miles)

i felt it was worth it....seen pics of an intake full of oil......dont like burning oil vapors....i feel it will lesson performance quicker as the engine ages...gunk up valves

shocked as the MSRP.....for $10k more you can get a HC w/o options.........dont see many 2015 SRT 392's.....none really.....

blue calipers will look good ...thought about doing that on my 2011 IE (white/blue stripes)

3. STRSRLF

STRSRLF Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in it for $53,500 after doc fee. The Hellcat was a net $20k more the way I'd want it. The ADM on the Hellcats are rough.

I need to learn on 500 horse first anyways.

A Hellcat with 700+ on tap = me dead

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you'd be just fine with 700...i went from 470 to 662 to 707.....the 470 was never an issue.....with DR's the 662 and 707 are also not an issue...the car stays straight almost no matter what...with stock tires--not so much

congrats on the 392.....i would put HP ahead of options and got a stripped HC charger....they can be found for msrp....and they may hold resale value better too.....but i enjoyed my 392 for many years and miss it